View Single Post
Old 9th April 2010, 07:56 PM   #28
Atlantia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel
Gene,

You did a great job...beautiful blade! Look at the brass inlaid along the spine...and now we can see the pattern on the back of the blade...what struck me is how it reminded me of my village Kukri...definitely supports what Gavin & James where saying above about the Kukri influence...you see in Burmese martial art, Bando, they use the Kukri...Burmese language is related to Tibetan and also influenced by Chinese....

As far as where or not to mount the blade...why not? As Gavin said, I would make sure you consult on how to do it and undo it. As far as a handle type...well, can't go too wrong...looking at knives in SEA, there is such a variety in handle type.

Spiral...thanks for the links...now I see I pulled that one photo from Puff's post!

Thats a really nice Kuk!!
Whats the overall length?
Are you tempted to etch the blade? I'd have thought that was a prime candidate for some hidden treasures!
I love the decoration on it, reminds me of Xmas tinsel and garlands
In a nice way of course!

And thanks for the kind comments
As for the handle on the 'Mead'... Thats the beauty isn't it I'm kind of leaning towards a stag-horn carving like Chegru has (the 'What a Dha' thread).
I've got to look in the shed as I've got a few really old stag horns.
What are the chances I'll have a long enough straight-ish section?

Best
Gene
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote