View Single Post
Old 21st February 2010, 03:09 PM   #8
mohd

Isn't it a hand spear (i.e. Malaysia = Lembing Tangan; Indonesia = Tombak) which is specifically called as Tumper Inas or Tumper Ingas?

Below is the picture of a Lembing Tangan.

Another picture of a Lembing Tangan.

And another picture of a Lembing Tangan which is currently rehandled by the owner.

Click HERE to see another picture of a Lembing Tangan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by By Bambang Harsrinuksmo in his Ensiklopedi Keris

TUMPER INAS atau Tumper Ingas, salah satu bentuk dapur tombak lurus. Bilahnya simetris, pipih dan tebal. Pada sisi bilah bagian tengah terdapat lekukan landai membentuk semacam pinggang yang ramping. Bilah di bagian atas pinggang lebih lebar di banding di bawah pinggang. Di tepi bilah bagian paling bawah terdapat satu tonjolan yang berbentuk menyudut.

Tombak ini memakai pudak setegal dan kruwingan. Jarang tombak pusaka yang ber-dapur Tumper Inas, kerana tombak ini pada zaman dulu banyak digunakan oleh prajurit rendahan dalam pertempuran. Lihat PUDAK SETEGAL.
I'm not good in translation. Anyhow the best which I can translate for the above quotation are as follows: "Tumper Inas or Tumper Ingas is a type of dapur in a straight shaped spear. It has a symmetrical, slim and thick blade. The lower part of the blade near to the tang has an inward curve at both edges that make it appears like a narrow waist. The blade part near to the tang is wider than the blade part after the waist and it appears like shoulders.

This type of spear has a pudak setegal and a kruwingan. It is very seldom that this type of spear with dapur of Tumper Inas being kept as a Pusaka. It is because this type of spear is normally used by the lowest group of soldiers during that old civilization."

Hope my translation make sense

BTW, ASAIK in South East Asia, the khatib (i.e. the person who give sermon) while reading the khutbah (i.e. sermon) during the Congregation Friday Solat normally hold a tongkat (i.e. stick) and not a spear or a weapon

mohd.
mohd is offline   Reply With Quote