View Single Post
Old 17th December 2009, 08:45 PM   #8
Bill

Vampire, I think there would be quite a following of your posts if you can enlighten us on Moro arms. I suspect there is quite a bit of collected information, especially in Spain & the Netherlands. Trouble is, to have a scholar do the research & report.
In reading about the mountain tribes of Luzon, I found the traditions/customs of a particular clan varied in the same group. So with the Moro's, you not only had the different Sultans & groups, but the clans. While Islam & Sultans may have well decreed uniformity into many matters, I suspect that many of the clans still had their own beliefs on many matters such as rituals of warrior groups & talismans.
I suspect Mr. Cato has faults in his book but I also do not definitive proof of any faults. There is a number of posts by different people, who also do not think Mr. Cato reach perfection. As Rick mentioned, this is the first book & will certainly be the foundation for future works. As a future book lacks financial rewards, it may be a long time in coming. As for the book, I would highly recommend it, as few have more knowledge.
I doubt you would have much trouble selling your copy on the swap site or ebay.