View Single Post
Old 7th December 2009, 03:12 PM   #7
Spunjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonoy Tan
It is apparent this forum has a significant number of Philippine ethnographic weapon enthusiasts, not to mention expertise. There are lots of talented people in this forum, sharing a common interest in preserving artifacts of history and culture.

It is also apparent that the diversity in form of Philippine ethnograhic weapons is wide - enough to sustain interest. The volume of available specimens is also huge - enough to fill a medium sized museum.

Just thinking out loud ... maybe it is time to ponder on the idea of putting up a museum in the Philippines, that is dedicated to ethnographic weaponry - with expertise largely coming from Forum members.

I would like to solilcit the opinion of Forum members on this idea.

nonoy,
i believe this is an excellent idea! the sustainability will indeed be the primary issue, for i really hope that these heirlooms will hopefully remain with us for generations to come. perhaps, an exhibit dedicated to this weapons for a couple months similar to, or perhaps, as an addendum to the current War and Dissent Exhibit dimasalang mentioned just to see how successful it will be.
Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote