View Single Post
Old 21st October 2008, 01:30 AM   #3
migueldiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolaki
WOW! that is soooooo beautiful. i wish i could find one of that nature 2 one day...
apolaki, thanks.

it's a joy to hold and to behold

to all forumites,

i have some questions, please.

in the subject kris, the lamination is there all right, but i'm sure it will not be apparent to the untrained eye. me being a novice, i have to look closely myself.

now i've seen in this forum pics of a lot of blades (barung, kris, etc.) with lamination that's very pronounced.

so my [newbie] question/s are:

[1] is the lamination in some blades more apparent because of some deliberate act? (e.g., polishing, or etching if that's the right term);

[2] is the value of a blade enhanced if such lamination features are made more apparent? or is this just a matter of personal preference and nothing more?

[3] what's the big deal on laminated blades in the first place? in the specific case of moro blades, if they are not laminated would that mean that the blades are fairly recent?

[4] how do you make the lamination come out -- would the procedure described by rick be the one, or was rick referring to a procedure for another context? rick, hope you can comment again!

i have dug up old posts and i can't find direct answers to the above. if they have been discussed in the past, can i just kindly request for the links then.

thanks again to all.
migueldiaz is offline   Reply With Quote