View Single Post
Old 13th September 2008, 05:27 PM   #26
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtan
... Hmmm....Percebes AND mejillones. Plus some Octopus "a la galega" regado with Albarinho wine... (You guys must have something similar to pulpo a la galega and Albarino, portuguese and galicians have lots of customs in common.)
Yeah. Percebes, alvarinho e polvo. A good Portuguese labeled alvarinho is expensive; but not if you order it in jars, in little local restaurants or taverns.
I happen to live 90 Kms. away from Galiza. No wonder we have lots of things in common, including a similar language, based on the Galaico-Portuguese; both sides of the actual border were the same nation, over 800 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtan
BTW: I own C-96s, P-08s (including one artillery plus the round magazine), P-38s, ASTRAS 900 & 600, a Mauser M95, a few modern and my carry, a SW-65... I fancy about owning a MP-38/40, a MP-5, a Dragunov, a M-14 (or a M1/A2), a G3 or a FAL. But it's actually impractical. Too much iron to spread among the walls! The M14 alternative is very attractive, albeit impossible, being a full automatic...
Hombre, caramba
... And was it to me that David (Katana) asked if i was expecting troubles ?

Fernando
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote