View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2005, 02:39 PM   #43
derek

Thanks, Spiral. I will include measurements (should have done in the first place).

The first grip is wood. Of all of them, this one feels the fastest and most balanced.

The darjeeling reject theory was just a guess based on talks w/ JP -- it shows no flaws other then the stamp.

The military feels fantastic and has a nice weight. The lines are very clean and precise on it.

This last one I am having trouble with. I am going to defer to more experienced folks like yourself, but I think if you saw this one in person you would be inclined to say military. The metal is very solid and heavy. It has a "manufactured" feel to it that is much like a solid metal canteen from the WWI or WWII era. The form and fit (note the holes for the chakmak, etc.) are very precise and polished. Note the loops for the belt strap. Again, I'm new to Kukris, but being a collector who has seen a lot of ethno & military items I would think this one would have been made to a spec.

Thanks again for the comments. I've always admired these knives, but working with JP has really turned my attention to them in a new way. Yet another collecting obsession germinating...
derek is offline   Reply With Quote