View Single Post
Old 13th March 2007, 03:50 AM   #10
Alam Shah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel
Well, I will post bigger pictures, but you can understand that I do not like to expose all my errors !!
Lol... don't worry, we're not here to criticize one's work. I personally think that you made a good effort to do such. With correction, you would be able to improve on the current, taking into mind for the future.

Quote:
Most of the pieces in the panoply have a history, as I forge and made the sheath of the rencong Aceh on the left, the sarong of the small kris in the upper left (you can see the angle is not correct) we talked already of the kris patrem in the center,... .
I have two broken rencong sheath. One had been repaired while another, I'm keeping it 'as is'.
(Click below for the link.)
[Rencong Aceh, Sumatra, Hulu Meucangge],
[Rencong Aceh, Sumatra, Hulu Puntung].

Quote:
...but below is a kris panjang that was broken, but Nick Rashidin Nik Hussein (Kota Baru) thought that the kris was worth a sarong and a handle and he carved it for me.
The fittings are beautiful.
Can we see the blade, please?
Was it broken when you got it or it had already been fixed?
The panjang form have similar shorter forms known as bahari, alang and anak alang.

Regarding the late Nik Rashidin... you're lucky to get a master's touch.
I see the fittings are of excellent worksmanship, I can see the 'eye' in the middle of the sheath which is in a 'debek' form.

Quote:
The badik in the lower right is a beauty. The grandmother of my wife was sitting in the middle of this big frame on a photo, sometime in the 1920 and I had to restore the frame before organizing the panoply.
I will be coming back but not tonight anymore !
Michel
Maybe we can talk about these as well, one at a time, in another thread, (if you don't mind).
Alam Shah is offline   Reply With Quote