View Single Post
Old 16th January 2007, 01:27 AM   #5
Emanuel

If you get up to Canada, I can suggest the Royal Ontario Museum and Casa Loma in Toronto. The ROM has an extensive asian collection with emphasis on China and Japan, a sizable native Indian section, and also a fairly large weapons and war exhibit. I'd suggest you visit it after June 2007 when the new additions will be complete. Casa Loma, a small castle - the fancy of Sir Henry Pellat, Commander of the Queen's Own Rifles regiment - also has a weapons room if I recall correctly. You can also visit Fort York, the remains of an old garrison.
In Quebec City I recommend the Citadel and there are various other musea in the old city.

In Romania I've visited the National Military Museum in Bucharest, which has a very nice and large collection basically covering the entire military history of the Romanian people. The Peles Palace in Sinaia is a wonder to see, with a phenomenal hunting/arms hall full of weapons from around the world and all times . Then again, if you get to that part of the world, there's LOTS to see in Romania and the neighbouring countries.

Emanuel
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote