View Single Post
Old 15th January 2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Keris forum moderator
David's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great Midwest
Posts: 5,548

Hi Alan. This type of display is called blawong and it is from Jawa. The figure that decorates it is a character from the wayang, traditional stories performed with puppets. I am fraid i am not able to translate the writing on the back, but someone else might be able to. Better pictures would be helpful, but even then estimating the age might be difficult. Yours appears to be fairly nicely carved and painted.
David is offline   Reply With Quote