View Single Post
Old 5th October 2006, 01:13 AM   #3
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclura99
I am a collector part of me wants to post what is real authentic objects the other part says why educate the competion ie other collectors . That might be selfish of me but I think all real collectors are a bit selfish.CY

I think sharing knowledge is why we are here, and the fellowship that comes from that sharing.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but this is a Forum, right? I am here to learn and post pictures and share what I know. I do not see this world as limited in collectables. I certainly don't see my forum mates as competition.

Ethnographic weapons study is a great hobby. It should be fun. Fellowship. Sharing and learning. That is what I am here for.

And, yes, as many of you know -- I ask for help --- Many of you are far more knowledgeable than me. Many have great knowledge in a certain area. So I ask for help, and since I know the person is honest and knowledgeable, I factor that into my buying. I don't pretend to know everything about any area.

Usually I don't say who the dealer is and I NEVER reveal the names of people who help me. And I often buy from them. Some buy from me. We are one big happy family. And sometimes we gossip like old hens about what is happening, which dealers to avoid. Who has something one of us might like.

The bottom line here is that Cy / Chris sent me a lot of pictures of pieces I did not want. He is just angry and bitter.

Sorry Chris I guess we just did not connect. You have pieces you like that did not appeal to me. That's life. --- Moving down the salad bar now. I don't care to respond to this bitterness any more.

I also think that IF Chris has knowledge, he could share it. A lot of people could benefit. ---- IF he has knowledge and can present it with less bitterness. We will never know his truth unless he does.

Wasn't there someone here recently named "Willie," who said a lot and showed us nothing?

I have a Moro Kriss to stain, and some books to read. and some people to email.

Where is that "ignore" button?
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote