View Single Post
Old 6th August 2006, 07:06 PM   #14
Willie W.

Lightbulb

Quote:
Willie , I gotta ask; are you here to share information ?
Are you here to wisecrack ?
Are you annoyed with the collecting community ?

What's up ?

Feel free to be candid; it's okay .

I did not know that i need a reason to be here, Rick. Thought it was an open forum to the public. I'm making comments as I see fit. Please read this thread: http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2851 . If you don't like what I post, I believe there is an option where you can put me on your ignore list. And that goes to anyone else who feel my posts are not icky sweet. We're all adults here (I hope), and there's a certain kind of bias in this forum as we all know; so knowing that some people can get away asking the damnest question without getting banned/locked out, please do this: IGNORE MY POST!

So going back to your questions, Rick; are you assuming that I'm wisecracking ? Well, let me ask you this; is that how you percieve it? IMHO, I'm not. Am I annoyed with the collecting community? No, but I am tired of seeing the prices of these swords go up and everyone here act like it's OK. I know it's inivitable (sp), but a message to the price drivers, please don't pay that much for something you don't know squat, or just because it looks "pretty" to you. There are actually some people who collect it because it means more than an art object, that these artifacts are the bridges to someone's heritage, and with the prices going up at this rate, the future generation would never know.
Willie W. is offline   Reply With Quote