Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 20th June 2006, 05:30 PM   #1
Antoine M.

Default Hi everyone

Hello!

My name is Antoine Marçal, I have been a bladesmith in Québec for a few years now and was refered to your site by a friend who saw my growing interest in south asian blade. There is a variety of design in this part of the world that I find very compelling.
This forum is a wonderful place filled with informations on weapons that are sadly not very well known, thank's!

Here is an dha inspired short sword I completed. It is of 300 layer damascus in a san mai construction, 13 1/2 inches long, 20 inches of total length. I've mixed in a little japanese in there with the addition of a small habaki, but with a european construction ( there is a ricasso!)
I would be happy to receive your comment on this piece, to have your impressions on this experiment.

By the way, it is for sale. E-mail or pm me for details. I don't put the price as I 'm not sure it is the right place to do so.
To the moderators,If this post should be in the swap forum, please send it where it belongs. I wanted to introduce myself and my work first.

Looking foward to your comments. I have quite a bit of reading to do!!

Antoine Marçal
marcalantoine yahoo.ca
Attached Images

Antoine M. is offline   Reply With Quote