View Single Post
Old 12th August 2022, 02:00 PM   #27
werecow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelistromp View Post
Hi Jim,

JP Puype dedicates the manufacture of this epee wallone to Solingen,see Attachement, Köln is very interesting, do you also have support for this.

all dutch epee wallones have the four petalled flower and the Amsterdam mark. other marks on this dutch type are not known to me
one exception is known to me, an epee Wallone ex Visser collection with Toledo TO mark, a running wolf and 1414 inscription, maybe the blade is a replacment blade.
I bought a Walloon sword of this type recently (with a bit of help from ulfberth who helped confirm its authenticity), right after I saw the one at the Lakenhal museum here in Leiden. A bit more patina than the one in this thread, but most of it superficial, and I kind of like this look (and I like that it's quite sturdy).

One thing I found interesting, and the reason I'm adding it to this thread, is that it is lacking the kleeblatt on the quillons. It is still rated tripple-x, however , and has "xxx S A H A G V M xx" markings and of course the Wolf of Passau on both sides.

(As usual, sorry about the slightly jittery pictures. I only have my phone's camera and it seems to be literally impossible to take a picture that isn't motion blurred or out of focus.)
Attached Images

werecow is offline   Reply With Quote