View Single Post
Old 30th May 2006, 03:15 PM   #26
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelbone
What I have said in the past (such as in that old thread that you quoted) is still quite true. However, that was 3 years ago. And since then, much has been learned. (...)

And another thing is that I don't want to be quoted like Cato having everything I say assumed as the definate answer. Anyone who's really studied the Visayan sword (or Moro swords for that reason) knows that there are no definate answers.
My unasked-for advise - just go with it. Probably 80% of what I said about dha two years ago I now know to be wrong. But, it you never report up-dated findings, the errors do stay out there. IMO it is up to the seeker to be sure they are looking at the most recent information. The reader will note that I virtually always preface my comments with "little is known ..." or "our knowledge is constantly changing ...," etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelbone
And some of that information I received IS priviledged information sworn to secrecy to those that gave it to me. It would be dishonorable for me to post that information on a public forum. I hope you can understand.
This, on the other hand, is an entirely different situation. You do well to honor the wishes of those who have confided to you, of course.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote