View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 10:17 AM   #20
doecon

Thanks Neshech for your explanation, I wasn't in defense, maybe just a bit short in my answer before. Just wanted to repeat that I made a guess only, for the record (IMO the only thing we can do, even upon studying the item from nearby, although the guess might become more better

I honestly respect Alans opinion and I had no intend to be sarcastic, I pretty much meant what it said and the quote should include the "smiley". But for reasons of clarification; If somebody posts an item for ID but mentions that a forum member has already established some indication, then this member (Alan) should have a say first.

Regarding the cleaning itself, I think you should be a bit careful with the steelwool on your blades. Some might prefer a careful start to remove dirt and rust, by using softer material. A piece of wood (softer then steel) is a good and safe scrubber. But as I mentioned before, its your blade, so have fun.

In case you still need some practice material, I brought 3 very good “practice” blades. I will post them in the swap section tomorrow.
doecon is offline   Reply With Quote