View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 07:13 PM   #10
doecon

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the guy next door isn't in the US. I'm located in the one and only country that has fully dressed playmates in their local playboy. Indonesia. (the other half of doecon is in florida

Since I fully symphatize with you lacking a stainingservice, I was trying to opt. some alternatives. Another hint, I did read some time ago about a guy in the US doing this service for others..Unfortunatly I have no record. The only thing I remembered was that he was doing restorations as well. Try google him, who knows.

Another Idea, bit farfechted though, try to organize a little yearly keris-cleaning party. I'm sure there is enough support for that. (If needed I'll put my cleaning guy in a plane.

Shipping your item here is simply a bit risky and expensive, I would love to help out but you have to pay for your own return postage. (50US for a keris)

Regarding the tombak, IP mentioned that Alan had reason to believe some features might be indicating other origin then Java. Wasn't me, but I would not dare to argue

Alan, come on in ..the floor is yours...
doecon is offline   Reply With Quote