View Single Post
Old 12th June 2017, 06:24 AM   #7
rasjid

Default New made Bali rongko

I myself always tried to have the newly made material from their local origin carvers and if necessary with the help from local friends also if we can not reach directly or conveniently communicate.
We have a lot of good carvers and export their handycraft to overseas but that doesnt mean that the quality at their top level always. This is normal for any art objects i believe. Same here with the new rongko. Skill is one aspect, raw material and time or quality made is another thing. We have to know what to look for within our knowledge / information at that time of purchase, if we really commit to own it. Then learn from there

just want to clarify here:
1. Tourist object: cheap n low grade material n simple carving if there is carving.
2. Good quality carving (anybody can mostly agreed) and maybe good raw material or maybe basic /standard material rongkos. Maybe like pictures shown here in this thread.
3. Good carving / style and follow the local standard or Pakem with kraton era - i dont want to argue here but just for discussion as well known from Museums or maybe at some collectors item in the field with known sources.

So my guess maybe Allans point i would consider into point#3

i attached Also my version of newly made Bali rongko

thanks
rasjid
Attached Images

rasjid is offline   Reply With Quote