View Single Post
Old 7th March 2006, 05:31 PM   #30
Emanuel

Greetings to all,

To the elder collectors here, I'd like to say that there will always be younger generations to care for your collections. You yourselves have taken up this activity on the trails of those before you who got them from original sources in some cases. I have barely started my collection and I'm the same age Bluerf was when he started. Like my cotemporaries I do carry by 5 gig mp3 player but when I'm home I read about the blades of the world and stare at my beautiful Javanese keris. I dream of arranging an appropriate weapons room in the future, with each wall devoted to a specific region of the world. I am just as attracted by northern-African, Indian, and eastern weapons, and as soon as I accumulate some disposable income I rush to the bay to see what's new. Later on in life I hope to meet some of you and perhaps provide some of your pieces with a new home
I think that young people at my age are just getting mature enough to be attracted by the cultures and histories represented by edged weapons. As they learn more, they inevitably become more involved in this activity - or even life style.
Regards,
Manolo
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote