Thread: The Museums...
View Single Post
Old 9th September 2016, 03:20 PM   #7
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
I would not be so upset . The idea may be to have clients visit the museum rather than do it online...The picture isnt so bad...It gives the right impression...
I do not agree at all, except for private collections which receive no public funds museums are custodians of the items that have in their collections. Many museums have so many items that they do not ever show the majority of them, they just sit, not ever photographed in a storage room. The least they can do is to make a dedicated effort to accurately describe and photograph the items they hold.

The Indian armored shoes are extremely rare and the image is small and clearly not detailed at all, and this is after I edited it. No one can learn much from the images provided, any unpaid intern could certainly take and upload a much better group of photos in a matter of minutes, there is absolutely no excuse for their lack of effort.

Here is another example, this is just pathetic. No effort was made to take a good image of this green nephrite jade horse head hilt, in a matter of seconds I was able to remove most of the red from the awful photograph, anyone could do this.
Attached Images

estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote