View Single Post
Old 15th April 2015, 08:31 AM   #21
spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams Spiral...In fact before I make a mistake and derail rather...the thread... I have checked my dates on this particular machine company and indeed they did make arms...the 75 mm ships cannon for example and the 9mm Pistol...but I will let you check that;please see http://singermemories.com/guns-sewing-machines/ and note I have pushed the envelope back more than 100 years so bringing a flavour of antiquity into my throw away remark on the Sten...which is rather too young a subject. ...The old chap who related the story to me may have got it mixed up...as I suggest with the Sten...if nothing else it perhaps illustrates how the modern era influenced weapons and in the case of the sword situation at thread how a modern machine part became part of an old sword...if in fact it did?

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Namaste! Ibrhaim! No one said singer didn't make arms Ibrahin..as I said most GB engineering firms did to a smaller or greater extent.

But thank you for all the filler words.

This is what I pointed out as fancifull... nothing else.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
The Stengun (Stirling Turpin Enfield) story also has an interesting tale in that no factories were able to make the curved magazine however a miniature railways company filled the gap as they had the machinery to make curved miniature railtrack and with some modifications were turning out magazines for the Sten in no time at all... .
Simples!
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote