View Single Post
Old 10th March 2014, 07:23 PM   #73
napoleon

Default kastane

salaams ibrahiim,firstly im not intent on telling people how they should research,not at all ,what i was trying to establish,was known provenanced items,if enough examples can be gathered,might begin to show a broad frame work,starting for the sake of arguement with known portugese examples of the period,already been said i know,but does anyone have any? also yes point taken jim regarding debate/discusion stand corrected thank you,ibrahiim you refer to the examples plucked at random not at all just the only two examples i could find that stood a chance, speaking demonstrably,but as jim pointed out could be earlier(although not later) so could still be used in a broader framework, ibrahiim i do see a gap in the study its called typological chronology ,however bear in mind i am a relative novice in the subject of these beautifull swords,but one thought i had was the gemstones used,certain cultures favour different gems,a possible pointer?although i still feel more examples are needed,and in order for any of us to learn more more images,another thought has anyone explored the archeological record of sri lanka for swords,battle site finds? regards for now
napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote