View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 05:41 AM   #22
T. Koch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice

That would make to ask another question to the rye!!!: Till when where they produced? Did they stop at the end of the Banjarmasinwar making these BB's?
I think they did, as we don't find any photographs besides the one I posted.....
Certainly a valid question, Maurice! I think unveiling the geographical as well as the temporal occurrence of the BB, would be really exciting! Also as your translation of Muller over in the blunderbuss-thread states (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showth...t=16489&page=2), a lot of the weapons produced in the area were exported. Did this include the BB? If not, then why not? If yes, then might we have the possibility of finding specimens with collection localities outside of Kalimantan?

Online museum collections seem to be a good place to start. Unfortunately, they often illustrate their specimens with a single photo only and then often displayed in it's sheath. Oh well, it is better than nothing and I guess our possibilities will only improve with time as more museums go digital in that way and others hopefully upgrade to more - and higher resolution - images.

I unfortunately don't have any pics ready, and my work days are too long with too little sunlight this time of year (already owe you guys a scabbard-pic in the paka-thread). However, the dealer I traded into it with have a couple of pics, and I have mailed him for permission to post one here.

All the best, - Thor
T. Koch is offline   Reply With Quote