View Single Post
Old 21st November 2012, 01:37 AM   #9
Robert
EAAF Staff

Hello DAHenkel, And thank you very much for all of the information on this parang and for the link to all of the great pictures. I am still a little confused on the proper name for this though, would it be "parang Pattani" or "parang jenguk" or does it really make a difference which one to call it? Another question would be if you would be comfortable with dating this piece? As it arrived today I have posted a few poor pictures taken inside of it after a light cleaning. I have not etched the blade as it still retains a lot of the original forge black finish from when it was made and I do not want to remove it. The blade shows very nice lamination that unfortunately does not show very well in the photos. The hilt is of what looks to be Kamagong wood and does have an age crack but none the less is very striking. This is a very heavy made piece and would produce horrendous injury to anyone unfortunate enough to be struck by it cleaving through bone and tissue with little effort. I do apologies for the poor picture quality.

Regards,
Robert
Attached Images