View Single Post
Old 30th December 2004, 08:34 PM   #22
Henk

Default INDONESIA CRYING

A friend of my, a dutch keriscollector, had contact today with ken_dedes about the tsunami disaster.
My friend opened a bankaccount and started collecting money for the charity fund "Indonesia Crying" here in Holland. In this way we can transfer the money to this fund with minimum of transfer costs. We even want to ask the bankdirector to transfer the money for this purpose without costs.

Perhaps an idea to start something similair in other countries?

This is the mail we recieved today from ken_dedes:

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 1:11 PM
Subject: INDONESIA CRYING

Hello Ans and Johan,
Thanks a lot for your attention.
As known, the victims of the tsunami disaster now is approximately about 45,268 people in Aceh and North Sumatra ( Desember 30th 2004, 12.00 am, on TV report ). It can be more than that amount because there are still 3 isolated area. We cannot imagine how huge amount of the victims are those areas because of this disaster.
Although we are far from Aceh, we want to help them with our way.
We plan first to do a charity auction on ebay ( it will be coming out soon on ebay). The result of this auction would be donated to Aceh and North Sumatera people. For accountability report, the donation would be published in a big newspaper here (JAWA POS) and the winning bidder's name would be written on it as the donor.
But, you give me another idea about this charity move (related with your friends).
If your friends also want to participate with us, we can help to lead the donation. We will also published the fund on the newspaper as the accountability report for the donor. We personally could not visit Aceh and North Sumatera by ourselves, so we have to gather the donation with others in a group / organisation, such as via the media (newspaper,radio,tv), church or other government institutions.
I hope this explanation would be clearer for you and your friends.
Let us help each other as long as we could.....
God always be with us...
Thanks.

Kind regards,
febi prakosa
ken_dedes
Henk is offline   Reply With Quote