Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buraimi Oman, on the border with the UAE
Salaams ~ Note to Forum. Adding to the flotilla of Omani Khanjars ~
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
1. Number 1 was described with a woft of the hand as from the Sharqiyyah Eastern Oman probably Sennau. An unusual chequered style.
2. Number 2 is a Jebali dagger from Salalah.( a slightly mismatched dagger and scabbard.)
3. Number 3 is a 4 ringer of Baatina style with bedouin eyes below the belt section but with the Saidiyya (Al Busaidi dynasty hilt ~ the one designed by the wife of Said Sultan around 1840ish ~ Sheherezad).
4. Number 4 is a new Saidiyyah 7 ringer with gold adornment and a working dagger behind..
5. Number 5 and 6 is completely unusual. This dagger is actually from Kassab in the Mussandam. I met the chap who made it. He copied it from one given him by his grandfather. It has the look of a Muscat Khanjar of Tee shaped hilt with what appears to be 7 rings plus a ring. It has an odd semi precious stone added. This is a very rare animal.