From top to bottom:
- Spain or Portugal, Romanic, 12th. c.
- Line drawing of an early Gothic German crossbow, 13th c., by Egon Harmuth
- Another, of a Late Gothic German crossbow, 15th c., and of a Renaissance type of 1the 16th c., by the same author
- ca. 1230, from the Maciejowski (or Morgan) Bible, 4 scans
- ca. 1326/7, from the famous de Milemete or Christ Church ms, Oxford
- ca. 1350-55, illustrations of a crossbow and a quiver, Haguenau, France
- ca. 1230, a very rare illustration of a trap war crossbow, by Villard de Honnecourt, ms. fr. 19093, Bibliothèque Nationale Paris
For more on trap crossbows please see
More to come.