View Single Post
Old 25th June 2011, 03:34 PM   #7
Dimasalang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
What is the definition of Minasbad? Another thread shows a variant of Parang Nabur under the same name.
Im not positive on the definition of Minasbad or how it is filed under Parang Nabur. Lorenz would be able to answer that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
Nice piece. Better to have the brass detail and the engraving on the blade. Bikolano, eh? Now I know thanks.
Yes. Now that it is in my hands and seeing the details first hand, I am very happy with this buy. See -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Coleman
Actually I'm kind of glad that I had other obligations when this came to auction, otherwise the bidding could have been run up needlessly. The new pictures show just how beautiful this sword is. Now, I am extremely jealous and will have to find one with this style of blade for my own collection (again, here is where the forum needs a jealousy icon). Do you by any chance have an idea of the age of this sword as I have no idea at all of how to date them? Again my congratulations on this great addition to your collection.

Robert
Thanks again Robert for not bidding. haha I thought it went high enough already. hehe I'm not positive on the age of this one, but I am guessing early 1900s? Maybe others will input.
Anyone know how I can remove that surface rust with out removing any patina?
Dimasalang is offline   Reply With Quote