View Single Post
Old 4th February 2011, 04:01 AM   #12
Robert
EAAF Staff

Rick, Thank you very much for your thoughts and the pictures. I just wish that I had known that you were parting with the three that you show in the picture as I would have loved to have added them to my own collection.

Migueldiaz, Thank you very much for your insight into the names and for the pictures of the Cebu Island highlands edged weapons and the links. As usual I have copied this for later reference. I particularly like the photo of the "young lady" and wonder how long that she has had and used the sundang that she is carrying? One last thing, could you email me a copy of the one picture that you did not post as I would be very interested in seeing it.

Here is another acquisition of mine that has not arrived yet. The pictures are from the auction site. I have not seen a hilt like this one before so any information on it would be greatly appreciated. I would guess that it is from Luzon even though I do not know if the tang extends completely through the hilt or not "as it is not shown clearly enough in the pictures to tell for sure". All I know is that the blade is 18-1/4 inches long and supposedly about 3/8 of an inch thick at the hilt so I would imagine that the total length would be around 23 inches. I also wonder if it might not have had a metal collar around the grip right behind the guard a some point in time? Again my thanks to everyone for their help.

Robert
Attached Images

Last edited by Robert Coleman; 4th February 2011 at 07:23 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote