View Single Post
Old 16th September 2010, 12:53 PM   #16
David
Keris forum moderator

[QUOTE=mykeris]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The term i used Penangsang, was ePray, and i would never claim that one as my own. Your term, ePrey, implies something completely different, yet just as true about eBay. I think i like your term better. [/QUOTE

Good to stay neutral which I used to, I would advise not to offend other true on-line sellers.
Thanks for the advice MyKeris, but I think that any "true on-line seller" (which i assume you mean to say honest on-liner seller) is obviously not the type of seller i refer to in the use of this terminology. These honest sellers are well aware that they are surrounded by a peer group that very often actively attempts to deceive prospective bidders and buyers. And so they do indeed prey on bidders and the bidders do at time need to pray themselves. To act on the assumption that any seller is telling you the whole truth, even if they are, will no doubt lead to many disappointing purchases. So the buyer must always beware in on-line auctions like eBay.
The honest dealers know who they are and have nothing to fear. I have in no way insulted them. The dishonest dealers i have no care for and as the old saying goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it".
David is offline   Reply With Quote