Thread: My first jezail
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2010, 07:31 PM   #23
RDGAC

I too have heard of the near-legendary destructive power of Coke... makes one wonder why you folks didn't weaponise it, like some latter-day mustard gas However, one concern: wouldn't putting it down the barrel leave me with a layer of sticky, hard-to-remove residue?

Regarding shooting, this is very much a vague and long-term idea. Firstly, I don't own a firearms certificate or shotgun licence; obviously, I'd need an FAC to shoot this gun. Secondly, as noted, all firearms must, in order to be legally used for shooting, be proofed at the government Proof Houses in London or Birmingham, to the best of my knowledge, and the tests are stringent (as one would hope); I doubt many (if any) antique jezails would survive the process, though I'm curious as to anecdotal evidence on the matter. And third, as noted, these are often quite badly abused and generally dodgy pieces of work. So, as I say, in the long run it remains most probable that this - and future jezails - shall retire to a life of cosseted admiration in my hands
RDGAC is offline   Reply With Quote