Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post Your Latest Acquisition here... (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1792)

A.alnakkas 24th October 2012 07:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got this today.

Gavin Nugent 24th October 2012 07:34 AM

Your photos are much nicer Lofty, congrats on a fine looking piece.

Gav

A.alnakkas 24th October 2012 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebooter
Your photos are much nicer Lofty, congrats on a fine looking piece.

Gav


Thanks Gav,

I'll need to get me a better background though :P

kino 15th December 2013 05:20 PM

recent purchase
 
4 Attachment(s)
A Kampilan. This one has a big chunky cross guard and a big wire knuckle / hard guard to boot.

I did some cleaning up, light etch and braided a few rattan bands.
Some before and after photos.

Sajen 15th December 2013 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kino
A Kampilan. This one has a big chunky cross guard and a big wire knuckle / hard guard to boot.

I did some cleaning up, light etch and braided a few rattan bands.
Some before and after photos.



Very nice after your care! :) When you need to sort one from your display to get a free space for the new one feel free to send it to me! ;) :D

Regards,

Detlef

CharlesS 15th December 2013 06:02 PM

Great kampillan Kino.

Could you teach us how to make rattan bands like that??? I can't tell you how many times I could have used them!

sabertasche 15th December 2013 08:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My latest and probably last purchase (actually trade) of the year a gunto with ancestral blade. It's in great shape and haven't even begun to study it but plan to over the Christmas holidays.

Seasons Greetings to you all!

Greg

Sajen 15th December 2013 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesS
Great kampillan Kino.

Could you teach us how to make rattan bands like that??? I can't tell you how many times I could have used them!



Second this query! ;)

kino 15th December 2013 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen
When you need to sort one from your display to get a free space for the new one feel free to send it to me! ;) :D


I'm going to squeeze this one in there. It will fit, I'm sure of it. :D

Quote:
Could you teach us how to make rattan bands like that??? I can't tell you how many times I could have used them!

Quote:
Second this query!


I learned it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8C6UKKZ81I
I practiced with paracord until I was proficient with the knot /weave. I could weave one with paracord in less than 5 minutes but when it came to weaving it with rattan it took me close to 45 minutes to complete one ring.
I want to learn the Gaucho knot and the headhunters knot, they have tutorials in youtube as well.

Spunjer 16th December 2013 10:46 AM

nice thick handguard on the Kampy, Al! is that brass??? how long is the blade? love the rattan rings you've added. for a minute i thought you were gonna say you remember this skill from civics class. i know i didn't, lol. nice job!

CharlesS 16th December 2013 12:20 PM

Thanks for the YouTube link. I'm gonna give that a try sometime soon!

kino 16th December 2013 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjer
nice thick handguard on the Kampy, Al! is that brass??? how long is the blade? love the rattan rings you've added. for a minute i thought you were gonna say you remember this skill from civics class. i know i didn't, lol. nice job!


Blade length -28.5". The wire guard is not brass.
I don't remember civics, although I remember a GMRC class.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.