Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TIMONIUM 2011 (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13293)

VANDOO 6th February 2011 11:25 PM

TIMONIUM 2011

I WILL START THE TRADITIONAL TIMONIUM POST THIS YEAR. :D
JIMMY MANTERIS AND I WILL BOTH BE ATTENDING THE FORUM GATHERING AND SHOW THIS YEAR. I HOPE TO SEE SOME MORE OF YOU-ALL AGAIN THIS YEAR. :)

Battara 7th February 2011 01:06 AM

Well this year I will be at a conference for work, so I won't be able to get there, unfortunately. I would love to come though........ :shrug:

Lew 7th February 2011 02:29 AM

Barring another major snow storm :eek: I will be there. :)

A.alnakkas 7th February 2011 11:34 AM

Oh how much i wish to attend :( Always want to learn more about yemeni weapons

CharlesS 8th February 2011 12:11 AM

I'm looking forward to it! I am so sick of gloomy, rainy/snowy COLD weather...I'm just looking forward to getting out of the house!

Rick 8th February 2011 12:54 AM

< pulls out empty pockets .......>

Steve 8th February 2011 09:38 AM

From the other side of the world I will also be there to give my talk and put some faces to names. Hopefully I can open up the world of Yemen and southern Arabian jambiyas to our forum memebers.
Steve

RSWORD 8th February 2011 12:02 PM

As always, I'm looking forward to the show and the forum gathering.

Ferguson 11th February 2011 10:21 AM

I'll be there. Sorry to miss you this year Jose. I will be great to see everyone again!

Steve

Lee 11th February 2011 11:16 AM

Statements of intent to attend placed in this thread do not constitute a registration

Please remember that seminar registration needs to be accomplished by emailing or private messaging your nametag name and dinner plans (versus leaving for auction action at 8 pm) to me.

Statements of intent to attend placed in this thread do not constitute a registration.

laEspadaAncha 26th February 2011 04:08 AM

I'm considering making the trip this year (it would be my inaugural trip), and would be staying until the 20th. Anybody interested in sharing the cost of a room? :confused:

PM me if interested... :)

Spunjer 28th February 2011 08:12 PM

anyone setting up a table?

rickystl 3rd March 2011 05:18 PM

I'll be there

My first trip to Timonium. Can't wait.

Emanuel 3rd March 2011 06:28 PM

I'm almost sure I'll go this year. I'll confirm shortly but I'd like to set up a Flyssa / Algeria / Kabylia table.

Carl M 14th March 2011 03:00 AM

I'll be there! What is the forum gathering?

Sunmit 15th March 2011 07:28 PM

Will be there.

Lee 15th March 2011 11:26 PM

Still time to register for seminar and dinner

There is still space left for more at the seminar and for dinner. I suppose additional tables for displays could also still be arranged.

It seems people have become so immune to banner ads that several have written to me seeking the details rather than clicking the announcement at the top of this and every forum page.

If you plan to come, please remember to send me (ljones@vikingsword.com) your name (and the names of any others whom you are arranging details for) as well as whether you plan to stay for the buffet dinner at 8 pm.

VANDOO 16th March 2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl M
I'll be there! What is the forum gathering?

THE FORUM GATHERING IS THE DINNER AND SEMINAR WITH PRESENTATIONS AND TABLE DISPLAYS ON SATURDAY EVENING. SEE BANNER AT TOP OF FORUM PAGE.
FORUM MEMBERS ALSO GATHER TO VISIT AT VARIOUS DEALERS TABLES AT THE SHOW AND SOMETIMES FOR A DRINK OR DINNER IN THE EVENINGS. ORIENTAL ARMS TABLE BEING A MAIN GATHERING PLACE.

Nathaniel 18th March 2011 02:26 AM

Hello Guys! I wish I could be there! Please take lots of pictures of the Seminar, and Show!

Gavin Nugent 15th April 2011 01:54 PM

Camera

I'm guessing no one had a camera :shrug:

Nathaniel 16th April 2011 03:24 AM

Really? No one??? Old timers too cool I guess? Come on there had to be some first timer's or someone that snapped some shots :p

Lew 16th April 2011 03:39 AM

I was there and saw nobody snapping pics :shrug:

Emanuel 17th April 2011 04:42 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Camera battery was dead :shrug:
My cousin snapped some shots of the Arms show and the auction offerings though...not much but it's something...
I'll be better prepared next year.

E

ward 17th April 2011 06:44 PM

Quick Auction pics

2 Attachment(s)
A few auction pics from my phone

Nathaniel 17th April 2011 07:41 PM

Beautiful! Thanks Emanuel, and Ward for sharing the photos!!! Wishing I was there!!! Such pretty shinny things...it's like being in a candy/ toy shop :D Any more pics, anyone else???

Emanuel, bummer to hear about the camera battery going dead...that sucks...hate when that happens...that is why I always carry a spare, which I highly recommended...then again that's not fool proof....couple weeks ago, pulled out my spare...popped it in...and Ooops...forgot to recharge that one from a time before! :(

Gavin Nugent 18th April 2011 12:55 AM

Thanks guys, great to see some show images.
Ward, IMHO, a lot of the AI stuff looked better on the table with your phone camera images than the internet listings....I guess because of the neutral surroundings rather than the stark white backdrop.... :shrug: