Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   opinions on this keris (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=231)

Montino Bourbon 27th January 2005 04:16 AM

opinions on this keris

3 Attachment(s)
I would love to hear some opinions on this keris.

rasdan 27th January 2005 08:35 AM

Hi montino,

I'm quite sure that this is an old piece. The dapur also is rare. I've never seen a putut kembar (the dapur) with a long narrow blade like a malay anak alang. from what i can see, the pamor on this keris is only pamor wengkon (protective pamor).

Henk 27th January 2005 06:45 PM

This is a keris putut with praying ancestors on each side. Java Solo.
I would try to get another mendak. The one that is now on the keris is a very cheap one.

Montino Bourbon 27th January 2005 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a better photo of one of the praying men; a few more opinions and I'll tell you the story!

Montino Bourbon 27th January 2005 07:42 PM

Sorry, I forgot; total length 15 1/2 inches, blade length 10 1/2 inches, a small keris.

Sang Keris 28th January 2005 02:29 PM

hmm... looks somtehing worng with this keris :confused:

i don't really think this one is an old keris

.. but.. it just my opinion...............

<==============(look at my avatar , thats my putut kembar.....)

Alam Shah 28th January 2005 04:34 PM

I think i'll have to agree with Sang Keris, it's dapur Putut Kembar...however
the gandik looks as though it's a different piece joined together, rather than shaped from the same bilah. ;)

Sepang 29th January 2005 02:04 PM

Puthut Kembar (Pandita Semedi)

5 Attachment(s)
Hi dear all,

I Agree with Henk and Sang Keris about the Dapor.

But.... Sang Keris said, "hmm... looks somtehing worng with this keris. I don't really think this one is an old keris." .... whats wrong :confused:

... But ...... I think so.

If I look closer, the blade can be made from old keris, but it like modificated be came a puthut kembar.
In Indonesia, specificaly Jawa, keris with dapor like this have a deep mystical side, so that many people who can making a keris made a dapor like this......
hope that they can selling with high price to some people whose believe the story or legend.

I have it too..., but I still confused.., it is real or not :confused: :confused: :confused:
Any comment ?

Montino Bourbon 29th January 2005 03:36 PM

Dear friends; thank you all for your expertise; I am very amused to see so many different opinions!
I have noticed that in the last week there have been several keris on the forum that seem (I want to stress the word 'seem') to have been artificially aged; I believe that this keris putut kembar has not been artificially aged, because this blade is in reasonable condition and not pitted by acid or burying in the earth.
Also, I tend to trust the source of this keris, who is quite well known as an authority on keris. Some of the keris that he sells are very well fitted, with fancy scabbard and fittings, but this one he kept as he found, and sold the same way.
Last but not least, I have had this keris close to me and have slept with it, and have gotten a clear vibration of age and wisdom from it.
I realize that this is very subjective, but at a certain level I feel that since much has been said about the spiritual effects of keris, it is important to consider it.
Please don't take my comments wrong; I greatly respect the members of this forum and their opinions, and would love to hear more on this. If I am wrong on this, that's fine. I wish that I could make this keris available to hold in your hand, but as has been stated in another thread that is one of the difficulties of being able to only see photographs.
More comments please!

Sang Keris 29th January 2005 03:36 PM

huh? whats the iron colour , sepang ?? is it green ??

looks like singosari keris....

Sang Keris 29th January 2005 03:53 PM

hi Bourbon

i think all of us didn't mean to offend you in any way ,....

normally putut kembar is a medium size keris , and wide blade...

and.hmm.. still don't think this keris is old......... :rolleyes:

any other comment pls........... :)

Montino Bourbon 29th January 2005 05:52 PM

Dear Sang Keris;

I'm definitely NOT offended! I respect your opinion greatly, and I thank you for it!

Also, thank you for posting pictures of another keris putut kembar!

please keep it coming.

Sepang 29th January 2005 08:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Sang Keris, your identification is so clear ;) . My keris made from a green (or blue) iron. If you said it is tangguh Singosari, it could be, 'cause I got it from Malang, the place near from Singosari. TQ

Montino, be careful if you slept with your keris. It can be hurt you :D
Although we just seen kerisses from photographs, but we can look an iron and the curve and other thing we can.
Same if we seen your keris, the curve with puthut model, indeed a modificated from keris with dapor Brojol (common keris) in order to give a more value.
The curve look so sharp and like a new made. Not appropriate with the old blade..
I try to post my kerisses with the same dapur (I have four).
Maybe other forumities have anather opinion about mine.

Sepang 29th January 2005 08:51 PM

9 Attachment(s)
my another Puthut Kembar

Sakhti777 30th January 2005 01:11 AM

Montono,Your keris could be new made in 1980s. No energy 'Chi' at all. Sepang`s keris could be made in 1900s except the earler posting of 'putut kembar semadi' but still modified...chi is almost lost.

Montino Bourbon 30th January 2005 01:36 AM

Dear Sakhti 777; Is it possible to learn how to feel the chi? how would I learn?

I am REALLY interested in this; if you know any books or other sources please let me know.

Rick 30th January 2005 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montino Bourbon
Last but not least, I have had this keris close to me and have slept with it, and have gotten a clear vibration of age and wisdom from it.
I realize that this is very subjective, but at a certain level I feel that since much has been said about the spiritual effects of keris, it is important to consider it.

Montino , I suspect that you have already felt the chee of this keris from your above post . :)

Sakhti777 30th January 2005 01:58 AM

Montono, pls do not waste your time learning it. It takes years, brings no money except self-satisfactory. :cool:

Sang Keris 30th January 2005 02:03 AM

ho..hoo..hoo.. is that baby pandita ,sepang ??? :D

its looks like twin baby eating chocolate under the big tree :D

Sang Keris 30th January 2005 02:09 AM

i don't think that you can learn how to feel chi.. from "a book "... :rolleyes:

btw, shakti , how can u identify a keris age by felling "chi'..??? some of old keris don't hv chi/power also...

Sakhti777 30th January 2005 02:15 AM

You can :) , it takes almost whole of your life-time.

Sang Keris 30th January 2005 02:25 AM

btw , i don't think any of sepang's "pendita kembar " made in 1900... :rolleyes:

they're much older than that..... singosari ..and the other one could be tuban or majapahit..

except for that "twin Giant baby".....that one could be not too old ..

Sepang 30th January 2005 04:05 AM

Baby Pandhita :D
Perhaps they need to take a rest for a while :D

Montino wrote : ,"..... I realize that this is very subjective, but at a certain level I feel that since much has been said about the spiritual effects of keris, it is important to consider it....."

Yes, I think he right that the spiritual effects of the keris is very subjective, so that we can discus it in here......, about the "Chi" too.
I'm sorry I can give an opinion. It could be a personal experiences ;)

.....Spesificaly if we have some keris with mystical dapor like Puthut Kembar, Nogo Siluman etc.

Shakti, my Puthut Kembar kerisses, except "twin Giant baby" (like Sang Keris said :D) ), are an old kerisses. But... which of my kerisses can be called fake or real ?

It is so difficult, 'cause we dont know with clear... was it made by Mpu or just modificated by now :confused:
...Yes.... maybe it's only a personal experience.

Andrew 30th January 2005 05:01 AM

Perhaps I'm being too sensitive, or maybe I'm just not familiar with the personalities of some of our newer members. However, some of the posts in this thread irritate me.

Civility is required on this board. It might be a good idea to hang around a bit and allow folks to get to know you before coming on strong.

Otherwise, you run the risk of having your humor mistaken for rudeness.

BluErf 30th January 2005 12:55 PM

Hey, isn't posting of pictures of kerises with chi and tuah bad for them? Be careful of posting too many such pictures, or the energy may flee the vessels and look for a quieter abodes in other new old keris where they can reside in peace and seclusion. :p

Montino Bourbon 30th January 2005 03:36 PM

Dear BluErf; I love your expression 'new old keris'!

And while I'm delighted at finding out about what I have, I'm also delighted at the fact that I feel a lot of energy from this keris, and others. I think that it is very subjective, but as I have said before I believe that the 'chi' of an object such as a keris depends on the interaction between it and the person it's 'related' to.

It's just like holding a picture of a person you love and holding the actual person!

Please excuse my highly un-orthodox views; I'm enjoying this forum immensely, and I want to thank again everybody who has contributed to what has turned out to be a very spirited discussion.

nechesh 30th January 2005 03:43 PM

Very wise words Kai Wee. ;)
Sakhti, i am curious about how you manage to read chi from an internet photo. You must be powerful indeed. I have been doing energy work for years, but i always feel more comfortable actual holding a piece before proclaiming it's level of energy. :)
Sepang, you have shown us some interesting examples. The first one, which Sang Keris calls "green iron" is very interesting, but i wonder about it's condition. It certainly appears old. I have keris in my collection that are nearly 500 yrs. old that don't look like this. This one appears to have been excavated from the ground. I wonder why a keris of this powerful mystical type would have fallen into such bad care or been buried under ground. Do you know the history of where it was found.
You "baby tree" example appears to me to be an older blade that was altered with these carvings at a later date, but the examples you show in the middle may well be authentic. I am afraid i lack Sakhti's skills to be able to determine this from your photos. :)

Sepang 30th January 2005 03:53 PM

Dear all, spesificaly to Montino,

I like that this thread give many kind opinions, so that I can learn more about keris.
I'm sorry if I have mistake that I wrote to any one in this thread.

BlueErf... I like your opinion, "......... be careful of posting too many such pictures, or the energy may flee the vessels and look for a quieter abodes in other new old keris where they can reside in peace and seclusion...."
:D :D :D

Sorry, if I post many photos, but I was prison the Chi or tuah of my kerisses in my heart ;)

Regards

DhenTal 30th January 2005 08:22 PM

Opinion

Just give my opinion.
I think, in this thread, demonstrated many image of fake kriss, isn't it ?

Andrew 30th January 2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DhenTal
Just give my opinion.
I think, in this thread, demonstrated many image of fake kriss, isn't it ?

Define "fake", please.