Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Moderators (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=589)

Andrew 13th April 2005 05:00 PM

New Moderators

I'm very pleased to announce that Ian Greaves and Mark Bowditch have agreed to join the Staff here at the EEWRS as Moderators.

Welcome, Gentlemen! :)

Battara 13th April 2005 05:16 PM

Congratulations Gents! :D Does that mean that we to watch what we say even more? :eek:

Jens Nordlunde 13th April 2005 05:23 PM

Congratulation to the new moderators and to the old staff.

Jens

Rick 13th April 2005 05:27 PM

Well .................

Defaulters will be punished every Sunday at the Foremast after the Captain reads the articles of war . :eek: :D :D

I extend my warmest welcome our new Mod.s .
I know they're going to be a great addition to the staff .

Welcome aboard Ian and Mark . :)

ariel 13th April 2005 08:20 PM

The South Asian mafia (Tong??) is tightening its grip. We will have to discover a Visayan Dha to keep them happy

As a test of your sagacity, I would like you to consider a proposal to change the spelling of Darb to Dahb: sounds more Bostonian. :p

Welcome, gentlemen!

Rick 13th April 2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariel
The South Asian mafia (Tong??) is tightening its grip. We will have to discover a Visayan Dha to keep them happy

As a test of your sagacity, I would like you to consider a proposal to change the spelling of Darb to Dahb: sounds more Bostonian. :p

Welcome, gentlemen!

No making fun of us Yankees now , unless they're the NY Yankees . :p

Mark 14th April 2005 12:27 AM

Quote:

Welcome, gentlemen!

Why would you have to change the spelling? That's the correct way to pronounce "darb," after all. ;)

Thanks for the welcome(s), everyone. I need to get indoctrinated ... I mean trained, then I will be ready to uphold the admirable standard of vigorous, iron-fisted oppression set by my esteemed predecessors. Hm. I mean cafeful evaluation followed by strict, but fair, enforcement of the rules. Ahem.

Yes, and any post not referring to SEA swords will be locked.

tom hyle 14th April 2005 01:07 AM

Thanks for talking this on......

Ian 14th April 2005 01:42 AM

We'll do our best

Thanks for the kind welcome to the two new kids.

Mark and I drew straws and he gets to be the "good cop." You can guess where that leaves me. I'm dustin' off the zapper that leaves no trace of any transgresser on this site and erases all memory of them ever having been here!!! Rick passed it on and promised it was almost painless -- just bend over for a moment ... :D :D :D

RSWORD 14th April 2005 01:51 AM

Let me, dha, offer, dha, my congratulations to our newest, dha, moderators. It is a dharn fabulous thing and well deserved. All dha best!

Rick 14th April 2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian
Thanks for the kind welcome to the two new kids.

Mark and I drew straws and he gets to be the "good cop." You can guess where that leaves me. I'm dustin' off the zapper that leaves no trace of any transgresser on this site and erases all memory of them ever having been here!!! Rick passed it on and promised it was almost painless -- just bend over for a moment ... :D :D :D

Ian , I lied ........ :D

It hurts like hell . :eek:

Rick 14th April 2005 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSWORD
Let me, dha, offer, dha, my congratulations to our newest, dha, moderators. It is a dharn fabulous thing and well deserved. All dha best!

Rick, you forgot two in that line : Modharators and dhaserved ! :rolleyes:

Mark 14th April 2005 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSWORD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
Rick, you forgot two in that line : Modharators and dhaserved ! :rolleyes:

Oh, man ... Can I close this thread yet? :p

Federico 14th April 2005 05:40 AM

Congratulations gentlemen :)

Radu Transylvanicus 14th April 2005 07:41 AM

Welcome to the new opressors :D Ethnographinquisition Forum ! :p

Battara 14th April 2005 01:56 PM

Please dhan't lock dha thread. I love good pun-ishment. :D

Dhas dhis mean I need to buy a dha now? :confused:

Dha zapper sounds exciting and electrifying (every pun intended :D )!

Thank dha rest of you guys for being so punny! :p

(Ok, folks...I'll stop now :o )

wolviex 14th April 2005 05:53 PM

Unfortunately there is no dha in my museum :( ... will I be punished... :confused:

BSMStar 14th April 2005 06:41 PM

Some of the above reminds me of a pirate shirt I once saw...

The floggings will continue
until morale improves.

A sincere congratulations! :)

VANDOO 14th April 2005 11:13 PM

CONGRADULATIONS GUYS I HOPE THINGS STAY AS CALM ON THE FORUM AS THEY HAVE BEEN LATELY TILL YOU GET BROKE IN GOOD. THEN PERHAPS A GOOD OLD CONFLICT WILL BREAK OUT TO TEST YER METTLE :D IN THE MEANTIME YOU CAN RELY ON THE OLD ENFORCERS TO SHOW YOU THE ROPES.

ariel 15th April 2005 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Bowditch
Oh, man ... Can I close this thread yet? :p

He-he-he.....
That's your privilege as a moderator. Exercise it at your own peril :D

mmontoro 15th April 2005 02:19 AM

Great and logical choices. Congratulations and thanks, gentlemen.

Mark 15th April 2005 01:54 PM

BOOOM!!!!

Quote:

He-he-he.....
That's your privilege as a moderator. Exercise it at your own peril

Damn straight, Ariel.

Thank you for all the nice comments and the clever puns. I am now going to flex my muscle, because if I hear one more "dha" pun my head is going to implode.

:p

PS: Dha "dha" rules, and everything else drools. Or they would if they could. So there.