Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bailsong chick (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10402)

Nathaniel 6th July 2009 03:54 AM

Bailsong chick

Who says Chicks don't dig knives? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYTpb-QXV0k

Atlantia 6th July 2009 08:09 AM

:D

David 6th July 2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaniel
Who says Chicks don't dig knives? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYTpb-QXV0k

I dunno Nathaniel, you got me....who does say that chicks don't dig knives? ;)

trenchwarfare 6th July 2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I dunno Nathaniel, you got me....who does say that chicks don't dig knives? ;)

My wife. :(

Lew 6th July 2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenchwarfare

My wife can't stand them either. ;)

Rick 6th July 2009 03:57 PM

I'm a lucky guy ............... :D
I have a Man Cave . :p

That Balisong clip made me think of a Raiders of the Lost Ark scene .
You know, the one in the marketplace where the guy comes out of a crowd with a huge scimitar ...........

We all know how that ended .. :D

Royston 6th July 2009 04:21 PM

Chicks and knives

I do not know how to put a link in but if you google " Babes with Blades "
There is some interesting footage of Miss Cecily Fay and friends ( chicks and swords )

A talented young lady indeed, Martial arts, swords, ballet, actress and singer writer with " The morrighan "

Royston

( I am lucky enough to have a " Man Room " )

Lew 6th July 2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royston
I do not know how to put a link in but if you google " Babes with Blades "
There is some interesting footage of Miss Cecily Fay and friends ( chicks and swords )

A talented young lady indeed, Martial arts, swords, ballet, actress and singer writer with " The morrighan "

Royston

( I am lucky enough to have a " Man Room " )

I also have a man cave but that does not change the fact that my wife just does not like and can't understand why anyone would collect such things :( but she leaves me alone when it comes to my hobby :)

David 6th July 2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Nathaniel said "chicks" not "wives". ;) :rolleyes: :D

Royston 7th July 2009 10:27 AM

Bravery

"Nathaniel said "chicks" not "wives". "

David

You are a VERY brave man :eek: :D

Roy

Nathaniel 7th July 2009 01:59 PM

LOL, You guys are great... too funny :D My wife has a limited tolerance too for my bladed hobby :P Much shorter patience for my blade shopping versus her shopping :P Try to pace my accumulation....also have pieces sent to my work first before I bring them home (also cuts down only having to make trips to the post office to pick them up)...hahaha ;)

Rick 7th July 2009 02:08 PM

A warning !
Gentlemen, beware revenge spending . :eek: :eek:

David 7th July 2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royston
"Nathaniel said "chicks" not "wives". "

David

You are a VERY brave man :eek: :D

Roy

Not really Roy. I mean, my wife never, ever, ever reads this foru....ummm...what's that dear? Oh....ummm...how long have you been standing there? hmmm....that long, eh? Weeeellll, i,i,i....ummm....NO WAIT! Put that keris down dear, it's VERY sharp. Now dear, you know, boys will be boys and all and...NO STOP! DON'T! I"M SORRY! I'LL NEVER...AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

trenchwarfare 7th July 2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick
A warning !
Gentlemen, beware revenge spending . :eek: :eek:

What do you think my collection is? :p ;)

Rick 7th July 2009 03:52 PM

Revenge Spending

Quote:

What do you think my collection is? :p ;)

LOLZ !! :D :D
Never looked at it from the other perspective ! :rolleyes:

I expect that my next keris will be shortly followed by yet another Rhodesian Ridgeback .

Emanuel 7th July 2009 04:25 PM

Nice girl, I should show this to my lady friends...they're usually freaked out when they come over and I can't have blades on the bedroom walls :(

David 7th July 2009 05:52 PM

In all honesty my wife is pretty tolerant of my keris collecting...as long as i keep it all in the "museum room" (aka man cave). Though it is right off the front entrance, not buried in the basement, and anyone who enters the house can't miss it. Usually she actually seems anxious to have me show the room off to guests. She kinda proud of my collection in a sorta passive/aggressive way. :)
And i am always shocked when i am showing her a new acquisition and she starts throwing out technical keris terms like,"Oh, that has a nice pamor". She feigns non-interest, but really she is listening all along. ;) :)

Dimasalang 7th July 2009 10:53 PM

The girl in the video is Jessica(aka Butterfly Kisses on the balisongforum). :D

Some of you have really cool wives. ;)
My woman has already told me, "Every sword you bring home, I am buying a purse." :(

Rick 8th July 2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimasalang

My woman has already told me, "Every sword you bring home, I am buying a purse." :(

A Man Cave is your only answer; a place she won't want to enter .... ;) :D

When she does enter , it's : " Oh, that old thing ... got it years ago" .. :D

migueldiaz 8th July 2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Dimasalang, don't bring them home then :D ;)

Pretty interesting discussion! ... I'm taking down notes here :D

trenchwarfare 8th July 2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

In that case, I really need to buy some swords. Lots of them. She's gaining on me. :D

Nathaniel 8th July 2009 04:33 AM

Rick,

I agree with you...Man Cave...right now I'm in an apartment...that is going to be one of the top priorities when we look for a house...right now my babies are all stole away...on racks behind our walk in closet...this way I can keep things discrete when visitors or especially kids visit!

One day when I came home with a long box in hand...

(she always knows what this means....so do my coworkers...I joke to them that they are cricket bats for the few I've picked up from the UK)....

but anyways my wife was very pleased to see I had picked up another piece....I found out that was because she was feeling guilty about the purchases she had made that day :shrug: :p

Nathaniel 8th July 2009 04:37 AM

Quote:

haha...my wife like the classics...purses, shoes...and earrings...just like swords they can defiantly range in prices...in her case individually they aren't too much...but they do add up...I would love to have the agreement for each piece I get to pick up a new sword/knife :p

Nathaniel 8th July 2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

haha... :D I love to try to sneak a piece in...then put it on my main sword rack display and see how long it takes her to comment :p

Dimasalang 8th July 2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

In that case, I really need to buy some swords. Lots of them. She's gaining on me. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaniel
haha...my wife like the classics...purses, shoes...and earrings...just like swords they can defiantly range in prices...in her case individually they aren't too much...but they do add up...I would love to have the agreement for each piece I get to pick up a new sword/knife :p

HAHAHA! Touché! Never thought about that, I guess it can be said the other way as well! Every purse, shoes, jewelry you buy, Im buying a SWORD!! ;) :D

I really messed up though and made a very stupid mistake. Last Feb for my birthday she asked me what I wanted...I told her a sword and I picked it out. She gladly paid for it. But now she knows how much these things are worth. :(

Dimasalang 8th July 2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Hmmm... a 'Man Cave'. I needs me one of those. :o

Thanks for these really great ideas guys! hahah

katana 8th July 2009 12:41 PM

Well here is a boring video .....just for research purposes...you understand ( ;) :p :D ) .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcmhzlXzhao

Regards David

David 8th July 2009 02:52 PM

I think we need to do just a little bit more research on this.... ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZdgh...layer_embedded

Spunjer 8th July 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

classic line, bro. classic...
i wonder how many times i've used that line, lol. the downside to it is we've been getting these new kitchen, bathroom sets and i coulda sworn i haven't seen them before. she told me we've gotten it years ago even though it was the latest model. but hey, who am i to question her lest i disturb the fine balance of peace in my kingdom

Rick 8th July 2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunjer
classic line, bro. classic...

What the heck, it works ... sometimes . ;) :D