Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   European Armoury (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Spanish Flintlock Pistol by Juan Santos (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19539)

Cerjak 21st January 2015 11:24 AM

Spanish Flintlock Pistol by Juan Santos

6 Attachment(s)
Hi all
I Just recently purchased the attached pistol.
This small pistol is around 20 cm with two marks of the Spanish maker Juan Santos on the octagonal breech section and also flowers marks
Juan Santos, Madrid, recorded 1721 - 56, did his apprenticeship with his father, Luis Santos( see new stockel)

fernando 21st January 2015 12:49 PM

Very nice little piece, Jean-Luc :cool: .
Amazingly with a lock in the French system and not the typical 'llave de patilla' (Miquelete).

Cerjak 22nd January 2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernando
Amazingly with a lock in the French system and not the typical 'llave de patilla' (Miquelete).

Thank you Fernando I still don't have it with me and I hope it will not be lost by the post office!
BEST

Jean-Luc

bkp747 25th January 2015 02:46 AM

BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful acquisition, fantastic pistol.

Cerjak 25th January 2015 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Hi Fernando

One more pistol by Juan Santos again with a lock in the French system.
Best

Jean-Luc

Cerjak 25th January 2015 11:52 AM

one more pic

Cerjak 25th January 2015 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerjak
one more pic

picture the barrel

Fernando K 25th January 2015 12:03 PM

Hello, Cerjak

This is not a lock to the French, but a miquelete "art de Madrid". If you look on the cat walk, or cock has two appendices, one front and one rear, which lie on two wedges (BLOCKS), also front and back. The firing systems remains horizontal, as in the classic miguelete, although French influence. The scree screw has a ring, as in the miguelete.

Affectionately. Fernando K

Fernando K 25th January 2015 12:08 PM

and the upper jaw has a truncated cone shape, in French lock rare and common in Miqueletes.

Fernando K

fernando 25th January 2015 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fernando K is obviously right, Jean-Luc. I Believe you can also this a lock "a la moda".
Can you see the two little appendixes in the front and in the back of the cock ?

Cerjak 25th January 2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Fernando K is obviously right, Jean-Luc. I Believe you can also this a lock "a la moda".
Can you see the two little appendixes in the front and in the back of the cock ?

Dear Fernando & Fernando k
Thank you for the explanations , you are the experts in Spanish weapons ! always good to receive your comments !

Best

Jean-Luc

fernando 26th January 2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerjak
Dear Fernando & Fernando k
Thank you for the explanations , you are the experts in Spanish weapons ! always good to receive your comments !

Best

Jean-Luc

Pas du tout, Jean-Luc !!
Fernando K is an expert alright; the other Fernando has the same name but knows infinitely less about theses things :shrug:

Fernando K 26th January 2015 06:59 PM

Hello, Jean-Luc

Despite the words of Fernando, I'm just a history buff weapons, and a modest collector.

Sincerely, Fernando K