Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sad news for the keris world (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10207)

VVV 4th June 2009 05:51 PM

Sad news for the keris world

1 Attachment(s)
I am sad to let you know that Karsten Sejr Jensen passed away this Monday.
Unfortunately the doctor's couldn't cure his sudden tumour but according to Ingrid, his wife, he never felt any pain.
Most of you know Karsten from his Kris-book and CD but he also published several books on Witchcraft in Denmark and of Jungian symbolism.
And of course he was a passionate arms collector with one of the top European collections of high class Indonesian blades.
Samples from his collection could be seen here

http://kris.comxnet.dk/dk/

Michael

Sajen 4th June 2009 06:09 PM

This are indeed sad news.
sajen

erikscollectables 4th June 2009 06:55 PM

Indeed a loss.

His Kris CD is to my opinion still one of the best researched publications on the theme.

David 4th June 2009 07:44 PM

I am sorry to hear this. A real shame as i am sure that he was taken far too young.

Rick 4th June 2009 10:12 PM

My condolences to his family and friends .
Now we are one fewer and the poorer for it . :(

A. G. Maisey 5th June 2009 12:05 AM

A sad loss.

May I take this opportunity to express my most sincere sympathy for the loss that has been suffered by his family and those close to him.

Alan Maisey.

drdavid 5th June 2009 12:19 AM

My condolences to his family and friends also. His well researched writings add to the understanding of the keris and are an important legacy.
David

ferrylaki 5th June 2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdavid
My condolences to his family and friends also. His well research writings add to the understanding of the keris and are an important legacy.
David

My condolences to his family

Marcokeris 5th June 2009 05:12 AM

A very sad news. My condolences to his family.
Marco Noris

ganjawulung 5th June 2009 07:35 AM

LAST VISIT to Indonesia

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VVV
I am sad to let you know that Karsten Sejr Jensen passed away this Monday.
Unfortunately the doctor's couldn't cure his sudden tumour but according to Ingrid, his wife, he never felt any pain.

From his last visit with Ingrid to Jakarta and some other places in Indonesia such as Bandung, Yogyakarta, Solo and also -- Sukuh temple in the eastern of Solo Area in Central Java last August 2008, I saw that he was still finishing another great work on writing his next KrisDisk or even book...

I remember, accompanying Karsten and Ingrid to Kebun Raya Bogor (Bogor Botanical Garden) last August. Karsten said, that Ingrid was so interested in orchids -- so we went to Orchid's garden in that Botanical...
We were talking too, in my apartment... (And these are photos of his last album in Jakarta, when he was visiting Mr Haryono Guritno -- the writer of Keris Jawa book)

My condolences to his family...

GANJAWULUNG

BluErf 6th June 2009 02:28 AM

So sudden! His book, "The Indonesian Kris" was a great inspiration to me in my early years of keris collection, and still is, even though I could only look at the pictures and read the English captions... A sad loss, truly...

Alam Shah 6th June 2009 07:59 AM

Sad news indeed, my condolences to his family and love ones.. we've yet to meet, but now this will not happen.. his contributions to the keris world would be remembered.

sipakatuo 6th June 2009 06:20 PM

A great loss...and my deepest sympathy... . Rest in Peace.

Maurice 6th June 2009 08:23 PM

Kerisses are not my field, but I was lucky to get Karsten's cd a while ago as a gift, in my eyes, from a very good friendcollector! My condoleances to all who knew him very well and ofcourse his family.

Maurice

Mick 7th June 2009 04:11 PM

Let me add my condolences to his family to the list of other members of the Forum.

We are all grateful for his efforts in publishing many of the kerises that have been hidden in some of the European museums for years. This is the only way many of us could get, at least, a look at these authenticly dated pieces.