Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   European Armoury (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   dagger of Albacete/Spain (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23260)

corrado26 13th October 2017 01:41 PM

dagger of Albacete/Spain

6 Attachment(s)
After having had some severe troubles with ignorant custom employees I finally got this dagger this morning. Hope you like it.
corrado26

carlos 14th October 2017 12:41 PM

What a beatiful piece, personally i would prefer dagger without the year engraved.
Thanks
Carlos

corrado26 14th October 2017 04:09 PM

I'd prefer a blade without a struck date too but unfortunately it is as it is.
corrado26

Rick 14th October 2017 05:35 PM

What kind of problems did Customs have with this dagger?

corrado26 14th October 2017 06:03 PM

Although I showed them the Albacete Museums catalogue with
fotos of daggers very similar to my example and although the year 1886 was struck into the blade they have only been very hardly to convince that this is an antique piece and not a remake. It was a nearly 40 minutes fight against ignorance and stupidity.
corrado26

GIO 14th October 2017 06:45 PM

So, if I have well understood, in Germany you can import freely an antique dagger, while you may have problems in importing an exact contemporary made copy ? I hope I am wrong...

fernando 14th October 2017 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a nice cuchillo de farolillos (lantern), corrado.
The jaula (cage) grip exactly like other examples of the 19th century, as the one in the catalogue you show and the one i post here, if you don't mind :o .
The blade in yours being more plain, and the date somehow crude, comparing to the ones usually decorated and with a hand engraved date. The velvet scabbard is also most similar.

corrado26 15th October 2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIO
So, if I have well understood, in Germany you can import freely an antique dagger, while you may have problems in importing an exact contemporary made copy ? I hope I am wrong...

Yes, you are wrong. I can import from outside the EU both (inside the EU there are as far as I know no restrictions at all), remakes and antiques as well, but the income taxes are different, 19% of the payed price for contemporary items, 7% for antiques.
regards
corrado26

@ Fernando
thank you for posting a foto of your dagger. In my eyes these lantern types are the highlights of all of them.
corrado26

fernando 15th October 2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrado26
@ Fernando
thank you for posting a foto of your dagger. In my eyes these lantern types are the highlights of all of them...

It is not mine, corrado; i wish it were :shrug:.