Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A new book about Indonesian keris hilts (Marco Noris) (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22991)

Loedjoe 8th August 2017 09:11 AM

A new book about Indonesian keris hilts (Marco Noris)

Excellent photographs of a wide variety of hilts, often shewing several different views of each hilt, with brief descriptions, including height, material, type (e.g. Garuda, Ganesha, Tumenggunan, Nunggak semi), and a reference or references to other published examples. Pp. 7-48, Sumatra; 49-84, Cirebon; 85-100, North East Java; 101-46, Madura; 147-64, Yogyakarta; 165-88, Surakarta; 189-210, Central and East Java; 211-40, Bali; 241-8, Kalimantan; 249-58, Sulawesi.

Marcokeris 8th August 2017 04:09 PM

Thanks a lot Tim for your appreciation.... It was a long job, but the result enjoyed to all the collectors :)

Sajen 8th August 2017 05:05 PM

Yes, a very good work and an outstanding collection! Worth the buy! ;)

Jean 8th August 2017 05:32 PM

I fully concur with the appreciation given by Tim and Detlef, congratulations and thanks to Marco for this excellent reference book!
Regards :)

A. G. Maisey 8th August 2017 11:12 PM

I did not order a copy of Marco's book, but I have had the opportunity to have a very close look at it.

This is a quality production, it is hard-cover with a dust cover, the quality of binding and printing is beyond criticism, the materials used are first class, the photographs are excellent.

Importantly, it provides a reference lexicon in English language terms that is very easily understood, something that will assist collectors outside the areas from which these hilts originated.

Marcokeris 7th December 2017 04:30 PM

Thank you so much to all keris-friends for the nice words. The third reprint of the book is now available.

Paul B. 7th December 2017 06:43 PM

Finally a tribute for the superb quality book of hilts. A great reference and should be in every collector's bookshelf.
Well done Marco!

GIO 7th December 2017 06:48 PM

Congratulations, Marco. Your book really deserves the success it has obtained.
Nice photos and beautiful collection !

Paul B. 9th December 2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul B.
Finally a tribute for the superb quality book of hilts. A great reference and should be in every collector's bookshelf.
Well done Marco!

@ Marco:
In addition, isn't it a good idea to upload a coverpic? It deserves a little more promotion.

Marcokeris 10th December 2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul B.
@ Marco:
In addition, isn't it a good idea to upload a coverpic? It deserves a little more promotion.

Hello Paul .... my cover is in "Keris Swap Forum"