Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Swap Forum (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   3 Nice Dha For Sale (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4520)

CharlesS 3rd May 2007 02:49 AM

3 Nice Dha For Sale

6 Attachment(s)
It seems that between Mark and my offerings, it must be a "Dha Sale Bonanza" on the swap forum this week, but I do have three very good pieces available for sale.

Dha 1 - Nice brass cast hilt, 28in. overall with an 18in. blade. Looks to be quite an old one, and is nicely patinated throughout, with a good, somewhat unusual brass scabbard. $650.00 + shipping. Pics below.

Dha 2 - Nice Burmese dha, likely early 20th Cent. 34in. overall with a 24in. blade that is thick, heavy, clean, and well balanced. Ray skin covered hilt with white metal fittings. Wood scabbard with matching fittings. baldric appears original. $550 + shipping. Pics below.

Dha 3 - Quite an unusual beauty with a variety of unique characteristics. 33.5in overall with a 34in. blade showing a unique damas pattern not typically seen on dha. Silver hilt and nice matching fittings Wood scabbard is original but has been refinished(appears to originally been black lacquered) $850.00 plus shipping. Pics below.

I will be happy to provide you with more pics, and you may contact me via email at: kaiserchuck@prodigy.net

Andrew 3rd May 2007 03:48 AM

Email sent, Charles. :cool:

DhaDha 3rd May 2007 03:21 PM

I'll take #1 if it's still around...

CharlesS 3rd May 2007 05:22 PM

Dha #3 and #1 are on hold. Thanks for your interest. #2 is still available.

Mark 3rd May 2007 07:11 PM

By the way, is it the light, or does #2 have an inserted edge or edge hardening?

CharlesS 3rd May 2007 11:29 PM

Mark, I think you are seeing some shadowing created by the wide fuller. I have not etched this one, but I would suspect that the edge is heat tempered.

Antonio Cejunior 5th May 2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesS
It seems that between Mark and my offerings, it must be a "Dha Sale Bonanza" on the swap forum this week, but I do have three very good pieces available for sale.

Dha 2 - Nice Burmese dha, likely early 20th Cent. 34in. overall with a 24in. blade that is thick, heavy, clean, and well balanced. Ray skin covered hilt with white metal fittings. Wood scabbard with matching fittings. baldric appears original. $550 + shipping. Pics below.

I will be happy to provide you with more pics, and you may contact me via email at: kaiserchuck@prodigy.net

Arrgh... :eek:
Did I miss this one, Charles?

CharlesS 5th May 2007 05:23 PM

# 2 is still available Antonio.

Antonio Cejunior 5th May 2007 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesS
# 2 is still available Antonio.

Hi Charles,

My Bad, really. I followed my visual memory when I posted and actually it is this one which is the second sword in the photos.

Hence the question did I miss this one? Meaning if the hold is on.
My apologies :shrug:
Email on the way

CharlesS 6th May 2007 10:45 PM

Dha 1 and 3 are sold.

Dha 2 has been moved to Ebay where it will start at no reserve. Thanks again for your interest.