Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An Oriental bandolier belt for comment (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15269)

Cerjak 17th March 2012 05:03 PM

An Oriental bandolier belt for comment

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody

I guess this belt come from Morocco ,so if somebody have similar or photos from people carrying same belt I will be happy to see.
Any comment about origin or age will be welcome.
Regards

Cerjak

Cerjak 17th March 2012 05:18 PM

more pics

2 Attachment(s)
more pics

Cerjak 17th March 2012 05:34 PM

more pics

2 Attachment(s)
more pics

Dom 18th March 2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerjak
Any comment about origin or age will be welcome

Bonjour Cerjak ;)
I may confirm the origin, Morocco, even if unfortunately I haven't pic to show :o
a date ? lets say ± 1940
how I may be precise ? after the military defeat 39/40, my father French NCO, was in charge for a lot of "moroccan goumiers",
and he had negotiated with the Germans, some raw material, to give a chance to his guys, to express their ability in handcraft,
from this time, he had kept a belt very similar in general shape for the decor and material
I dunno any more, where is this belt in our days, but I'm formal :D

à +

Dom

Cerjak 20th March 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom
Bonjour Cerjak ;)
I may confirm the origin, Morocco, even if unfortunately I haven't pic to show :o
a date ? lets say ± 1940
how I may be precise ? after the military defeat 39/40, my father French NCO, was in charge for a lot of "moroccan goumiers",
and he had negotiated with the Germans, some raw material, to give a chance to his guys, to express their ability in handcraft,
from this time, he had kept a belt very similar in general shape for the decor and material
I dunno any more, where is this belt in our days, but I'm formal :D

à +

Dom

Dom
Thank you for those informations
Regards

Cerjak

rickystl 3rd April 2012 06:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Cerjak. Where on earth did you find that cartridge belt? Those are so hard to find. Your's seems to be in decent condition. And, thanks to Dom we now know it is Moroccan. Great find. Congratulations.
Here is a cartridge belt I found on Ebay about a year ago. I think it is Turkish? It has been well used. The cartridge loops fir both a 8MM Mauser and a .303 British cartriges. Unfortunately, it's missing half the decoration on the belt portion. :mad: Thanks for Posting yours. Very neat item. Rick.

kahnjar1 4th April 2012 08:13 AM

...and an Omani one

4 Attachment(s)
Since this thread has attracted other eastern cartridge belts, here is one from Oman, looped for the Martini 577/450 cartridge. Age I think around 1950/1960 though of course the calibre was long superceded by the .303 British cal. by then.

rickystl 4th April 2012 07:48 PM

Hello Kahnjar1 !! WOW!!!! I so much admire that Martini. Now, that Omani cartridge belt with original 577/450's in the loops!!! What a fantastic disply!! My hats off to you sir. If you ever dicide to part with those, please keep me in your dreams. :D Rick.

kahnjar1 4th April 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickystl
Hello Kahnjar1 !! WOW!!!! I so much admire that Martini. Now, that Omani cartridge belt with original 577/450's in the loops!!! What a fantastic disply!! My hats off to you sir. If you ever dicide to part with those, please keep me in your dreams. :D Rick.

Thanks for the comments Rick. Much appreciated. :) The cartridges were sourced locally and did not come with the belt. I have a few more.......
Regards Stuart