Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Moro Minatures (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18817)

Nirghosa 26th July 2014 10:10 PM

Moro Minatures

4 Attachment(s)
there was a post some time ago with minatures that I commented on. Getting around to posting pics of a few I've collected. The gunong is especially well made for it diminutive size

Nirghosa 26th July 2014 10:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more pics

Nirghosa 26th July 2014 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

David 27th July 2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirghosa
more pics

So what are the blade and over all length of the gunongs?

Robert 27th July 2014 04:13 AM

Hello Nirghosa, I was about to ask if you could add something to the gunong photos that might help give a better indication of their actual size, but I see David has already requested their measurements. Very nice items and thank you for sharing them.

Best,
Robert

David 27th July 2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert
Hello Nirghosa, I was about to ask if you could add something to the gunong photos that might help give a better indication of their actual size, but I see David has already requested their measurements. Very nice items and thank you for sharing them.

Best,
Robert

Yes, the reason i asked (and probably your interest as well Robert), is that the gunongs appear to be small, but functional knives (i own one with a 5 inch blade), but the others seem like true miniatures to me. :shrug:

Nirghosa 29th July 2014 10:32 PM

yes, most of them are true miniatures, likely from shield displays.
The gunong is on my office wall so I will have to take a measurement. By no means could it be useable, the handle is as narrow as a pencil.

Nirghosa 1st August 2014 12:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
as requested, here are a few photos showing it's true diminutive size

David 1st August 2014 04:19 PM

I'd say that is very much a usable blade. I doubt these small gunongs were made to be miniatures.

Robert 1st August 2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Yes, the reason i asked (and probably your interest as well Robert), is that the gunongs appear to be small, but functional knives (i own one with a 5 inch blade), but the others seem like true miniatures to me.
David, I am in total agreement with you on this as well as your last posting:

Quote:

I'd say that is very much a usable blade. I doubt these small gunongs were made to be miniatures.
This gunong (as well as the bolo/itak that I recently posted) and others like it I believe were intentionally made in this diminutive size for easy concealment and were intended to be used primarily as a defensive weapon. Even though they are quite small if given the right circumstances (such as striking from ambush) they could very easily be used as an offensive weapon as well.

Best,
Robert