Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ethnographic Weapons (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MY BED OF DREAMS (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3813)

Flavio 26th December 2006 12:53 PM

MY BED OF DREAMS

1 Attachment(s)
:D :D :D

kai 26th December 2006 01:44 PM

Nice diversity, Flavio!

Make sure to post details in separate threads! I wouldn't mind you to start with the Moro pices but I'm also seeing some nice Dha, etc. ;) :D

Regards,
Kai

RhysMichael 26th December 2006 02:23 PM

a very nice collection thanks for sharing

Flavio 26th December 2006 02:37 PM

Thanks guys :) I need another bed to show my african toys...

TVV 27th December 2006 04:53 AM

Flavio, I feel sorry for the fact that you cannot sleep on your bed, but maybe I can help you. All you need to do is get a dozen or so boxes, wrap everything carefully and ship it to me in California or Sofia, Bulgaria - wherever you prefer, I will pay for the shipping. Then you can have your bed back and finally get some good night sleep without risking a serious injury to yourself.
Now seriously, you should start separate threads for all the pieces you have not already shown on this forum.

Ferguson 27th December 2006 10:26 AM

You sir, have great taste in weapons. There's not a piece I wouldn't love to have. Thanks for sharing.
Steve

Jim McDougall 27th December 2006 04:46 PM

Nice rack Flavio!!!!:)
Seriously, you have a superb grouping of important ethnographic edged weapons there, and what I like is the scope of your collection. Just goes to show that quantity is nonessential in collecting, and you clearly show discerning judgement in your acquisitions. Nicely done!!! and I too thank you for sharing these.
All the best,
Jim

Jens Nordlunde 27th December 2006 05:14 PM

Hi Flavio,

How about buying a bunk bed with two or three decks:p.
Very nice display, thank you for showing.

Jens

Flavio 27th December 2006 05:15 PM

part II

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much TVV, Steve, Jim and Jens i think that one of the reason to collect is also to show to other people (with the same passion, of course, because for a stamps collector all these pieces of iron are just pieces of iron :p ). Anyway i think to have nice pieces, nothing of really wonderful, but at this point i like the variety that i have (and that I hope to widen :D ). Here is the second bed :D :D

Bill M 27th December 2006 05:43 PM

Flavio,

I completely agree with the other guys. Wonderful collection. I also would be proud to have any one of these!

I not only admire your diversity of cultures, but that each piece is a very good example of the weapon type!

I like your layout as well. It has balance and integrity.

Good job my friend!! :D

David 27th December 2006 07:09 PM

The collection is great...but you really have to do something about those sheets... ;) :D

Tim Simmons 27th December 2006 07:13 PM

Yes like some chap with a striped shirt and a spotted tie. Just not on what! :eek: :eek: :D

Flavio 27th December 2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
The collection is great...but you really have to do something about those sheets... ;) :D

Yeahhhh, you're right, David :o :D :D :D

Flavio 27th December 2006 07:16 PM

Tim, this is the italian fashion ;) :D

Tim Simmons 27th December 2006 07:22 PM

What ever happened to "Stile Inglese" :D :D :D A sleeveless vest and a beer belly :eek:

Freddy 27th December 2006 08:25 PM

Flavio, did you sit on the wardrobe to take these pictures ? :p

I don't think I would be able to sleep with those 'goodies' in my bed :D ;)

asomotif 28th December 2006 09:31 AM

Hello Flavio,

Very nice. But please don't show to much of your great african weapons.
I am trying to limit myself to Indonesia and thsi kind of pictures makes it very diffcult... :D :D

Specially like the spears, impressive !

Best regards,
Willem

Flavio 23rd September 2007 03:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all just an updating. Here are some of my best pieces. I like to see these kind of pics with a lot of pieces from different cultures! If you want, please attach some of yours! :)

Bill M 23rd September 2007 03:23 PM

BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for sharing these. :)

Lew 23rd September 2007 03:36 PM

Flavio

How were you able to levitate yourself above the bed? ;) Very nice spread you have there and I am not talking about the sheets :D

Lew

Flavio 23rd September 2007 05:08 PM

Thank you Bill! Lew, I'll try to do something for the sheets :D Unfortunatly I'm not still able to make a display of the pieces and this is the only way I can show you!! Thanks a lot

tsubame1 23rd September 2007 06:22 PM

Grande Flavio !! (Great Flavio). :D

Flavio 23rd September 2007 07:02 PM

Grazie Carlo! (thank you Carlo :) )

ariel 23rd September 2007 08:36 PM

I am wondering: the last picture on the very bottom: is it a Beduin pseudo-shashka? Also, same pic, on the left, looking like shashka ( can't see the handle): what is it? Nice Yataghan, too....
I might hire O.J. to raid your place (all these knives belonged to him anyway , even though they do not fit :D :D )

Flavio 23rd September 2007 09:10 PM

Hello Ariel, yes the swod is a bedouin sabre with european blade (Tim Simmons's collection :D ), but no shashka :(

Battara 23rd September 2007 09:36 PM

And don't forget to add the 2 others on the way! :D

Flavio 23rd September 2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battara
And don't forget to add the 2 others on the way! :D

YESSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D

ariel 23rd September 2007 09:58 PM

Oh, I can see it clearer now ( always good to know that something is NOT what you thought :) ). The one on the left is a Pedang I ( Peudeung for the purists :rolleyes: ) from Sumatran Battaks.

Rod Charters 24th September 2007 04:51 PM

Flavio that Billao is just great with a most unusual scabbard. Could you post a closer picture,

Best Regards

Rod

Andrew 24th September 2007 05:02 PM

I think you guys have your priorities skewed. :confused:

My "Bed of Dreams" has this on it:

http://z.about.com/d/gourmetfood/1/7/c/C/Padma.JPG