Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   keris for comment.. (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5465)

zartane 9th November 2007 12:44 AM

keris for comment..

6 Attachment(s)
just got this tajong and need some comment on the quality? since i now have two tajong with swasa, thinking of selling one off.. but its hard to choose which one...

PenangsangII 9th November 2007 10:58 AM

My advise to you.....don't sell either one, but get another :)

Battara 9th November 2007 03:50 PM

Ah, they're both trash. I'll take them off your hands for cheap. :D

PenangsangII 10th November 2007 03:22 AM

Where are you based Zartane? If you are currently in Malaysia, pls pm me.....considering you are letting go either one for cheap :D

zartane 10th November 2007 04:36 AM

the main problem is, i don't know which one to sell.. that's why i'm trying to get some expert opinion on which one is more greater than the other.. any comments?? and yes i'm in malaysia and i got this one for RM7000 . { the rest edited }

Rick 10th November 2007 04:05 PM

My friends ,
I think we are straying into buying , selling, and trading here .

Please continue via PM or email .

Thanks ! :D

Battara 10th November 2007 05:43 PM

All joking aside, it would be a difficult thing to let go of one. This one looks a little more recent, like early to mid 20th century, but I will let the others correct me.

zartane 11th November 2007 01:56 AM

your right!!! actually it's very, very, very hard to let go either one.. still trying to get enough money to cover my debts so i don't have to sell any of this.. anyway, thanks for the comment, that's what i'm looking for.

PenangsangII 12th November 2007 05:01 AM

Zartane, you spent that kind of money for a tajong? It's totally beyond me :confused:

Well I guess I'm not in the same standard in term of financial resources....but I can assure you, I can get an older blade, older tajong hilt (made from elephant tusk) and overall better maintained keris than your example for only RM 5000.00.

zartane 12th November 2007 06:41 AM

well, it did won second place on a keris competition held in kelantan on 2006.. and if you could find me an old ivory tajong for rm5000, please PM me :) .. i'd like to buy one cause it's in my next wish list!! the cheapest tajong ivory i can get is RM5000.00 (only the hulu).. :(

David 12th November 2007 02:19 PM

Gentlemen, frankly all this talk about money, who paid what for what and what one is willing to pay what for what coupled with Zartane's "should i sell one of these" questions is treading way too far into the field of commerce for my comfort level. I would suggest that this type of talk is much better suited to PMs or, once a decision is made on Zartane's part, the Swap Forum.

zartane 13th November 2007 12:02 AM

sorry, like i said, i just needed comments on the quality of the keris.. thanks.. :D

Newsteel 13th November 2007 12:23 AM

Zartane, I see that your liking with tajong keris are deep. Good taste. As for your posting, having pandai saras with luks are rather hard to come by. And having one with pamor is even more harder (I had seen one). This pandai saras posted is a good buy. Keep it!!!

BluErf 13th November 2007 01:56 PM

To my knowledge, ivory was only used to make tajong in the late 20th century. Dark wood such as kenaung and kemuning hitam were the appropriate traditional material for older tajong.

Battara 15th November 2007 01:44 AM

So silver, gold, and swaasa and wood are more traditional, pre-20th century for tajong hilts?