Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ri Wader (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9898)

Marcokeris 13th April 2009 09:40 PM

Ri Wader

5 Attachment(s)
During my last trip in Jawa i found this dapur. Someone may teach how is the way to make this keris ? :confused:

Marcokeris 13th April 2009 09:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
some other pics (mendak is not Solo but.. i like it :o )

Rick 14th April 2009 02:50 AM

Seems Like

1 Attachment(s)
This seems to be a solid pamor version of the motif pictured below .
The pamor on this keris has been applied over a core and has not been heavily etched . :shrug: :)

David 14th April 2009 02:52 AM

Marco, is your question about the dhapur or the pamor. The pamor looks like Blarak Ngirid without a core. I think the lack of a core is what is giving it the unusual appearance you are wondering about. Looks like a contemporary piece to me.

David 14th April 2009 02:54 AM

Oh hi Rick, looks like we were posting at the same time. :)

Rick 14th April 2009 02:57 AM

Hi David !! :D
Very nice dress for this dramatic blade Marco ! :)

Alam Shah 14th April 2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Marco, is your question about the dhapur or the pamor. The pamor looks like Blarak Ngirid without a core. I think the lack of a core is what is giving it the unusual appearance you are wondering about. Looks like a contemporary piece to me.

That's pamor Ri Wader alright, it's the vertical type of pamor (pamor miring).. I like the structure, although it has no core.. imho, battle worthiness is questionable, but aesthetically pleasing.. I've had the opportunity to closely look at a few of these before, nice find.. :)

Marcokeris 14th April 2009 11:27 AM

I would like to know, about this dapur, if the maker uses acid to have the ragged edges or if he uses some tools or if the edges comes .

Marcokeris 14th April 2009 11:28 AM

I would like to know, about this dapur, if the maker uses acid to have the ragged edges or if he uses some tools or if the edges borns in this way during the hot work. (I suppose strong acid )

David 14th April 2009 02:16 PM

Marco, obviously the blade has been etched, but i think the raggedy edges is, as i mentioned before, due to the lack of a core to the blade more than anything else. :)

Jussi M. 14th April 2009 09:17 PM

That blade looks like a medieval torturing device :eek:

Sajen 16th April 2009 10:38 PM

Hi Marco,

nice and interesting recent keris. about your question I think that David give the answer.

sajen

asian-keris 18th April 2009 04:57 PM

Hi Marco,

Deformed blade due to mutch etching. i think
One recent keris.

regards,
AK

David 18th April 2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian-keris
Hi Marco,

Deformed blade due to mutch etching. i think
One recent keris.

regards,
AK

I agree that this is a recent keris, but i believe that the look is intentional so one can't really call it deformed. Again, it is the lack of a core that gives it this look. :)

Sajen 18th April 2009 11:43 PM

Not deformed, typical body structure from Ri Wader.

sajen

Marcokeris 21st April 2009 10:09 PM

thanks all for comments