Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   European Armoury (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   An Italian visored close helmet for the Pisan Gioco del Ponte (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19251)

Cerjak 2nd November 2014 06:00 PM

An Italian visored close helmet for the Pisan Gioco del Ponte

12 Attachment(s)
An Italian visored close helmet for the Pisan Gioco del Ponte

Here some pictures from an Italian visored close helmet for the Pisan with a 17TH century alteration ( Visor) specially made for the Gioco del Ponte.
Are stamped in one side the letter G and in the other side P For GIOCO DEL PONTE
Any comments on it are welcome.
Best
Cerjak

Cerjak 2nd November 2014 06:03 PM

more pictures

4 Attachment(s)
more pictures

fernando 3rd November 2014 08:56 PM

Hi Jean-Luc,
All i can say about this and the other helmet is that i envy you for having them.
I dream of having one of these.
Let's see what connoissuers, A Senefelder for one :cool: tell about them.

A Senefelder 4th November 2014 12:41 AM

Nando, actually Jean contacted me about both before buying and they both seem to be nice examples of interesting/hard to find types. The armet with its articulating neck in the manner of a casquetell burgonet and striking visor is something not often seen and the 17th century Italian closed burgonet is also a somewhat tougher to find variant of the burgonet family. Based on the pics he sent to me I believe he's done well with these two.

Cerjak 4th November 2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernando
Hi Jean-Luc,
All i can say about this and the other helmet is that i envy you for having them.
I dream of having one of these.
Let's see what connoissuers, A Senefelder for one :cool: tell about them.

HI Fernando,
Thank you for your interest for those helmet.
It is a luck to have advices from Allan before to buy such expensive pieces. So Allan is very nice with me and always give me some of his time and knowledge and he did it nearly for all the helmet I have bought those past years.

Best

Jean-Luc

Cerjak 4th November 2014 08:28 AM

G P stamped signification

2 Attachment(s)
about the G and P letter stamped in each side I found two explanations :
according to Christie's 'GP' (for Galleria Prima), or as I wrote previously G P for Gioco del ponte may be Lorenzo know ...
Also some extra pictures: one similar and one beautifull painted .

fernando 4th November 2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerjak
HI Fernando,
Thank you for your interest for those helmet.
It is a luck to have advices from Allan before to buy such expensive pieces. So Allan is very nice with me and always give me some of his time and knowledge and he did it nearly for all the helmet I have bought those past years.

Best

Jean-Luc

That makes me even more envious :cool: :eek: