Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cirebon hilts (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17252)

rasjid 16th May 2013 06:01 PM

Cirebon hilts

3 Attachment(s)
Attached my Cirebon keris, or mostly keris people around me / i know off, agreed on.

Similar style with jawa demam or Sumatran hilts but without the wrapping hand.
Picture from behind showing the curly carving, is this identify the Cirebon hilts?

Opinions welcome.

Sajen 16th May 2013 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Rasjid,

agree by the hilt style, i also think that this style with the small waist and without the wrapping hand, sampir style is clearly Cirebon and the beautiful and rare pendok is Cirebon as well. Here for comparison my one.

Can we see the blade?

Regards,

Detlef

rasjid 17th May 2013 03:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Detlef,

The blade attached and would like to see yours as well for discussion and may be from forum members as well.

My views on this keris which differentiate with other region, but this could be including pesisir or surrounding areas - west java:
1. Pamor: as shown, not fantastic bright shiny nickel. West java also have pasir besi but their nickel content is much lower than luwu. May others can enlightened us if the process of making this Pamor is similar like in solo?
2. Blumbangan looks more to mataram?
3. Gonjo... I need to look again, the gandik area: sirah cicak mlinjo/a little roundish.

I'm not intended to tangguh this keris, just need a general Information why we need to call it from cirebon? If possible, like big difference jogja and solo keris: blumbangan, the blade shape, gonjo etc.

Other comments are welcome.

Thank you.
Regards
Rasjid

Jean 17th May 2013 09:33 AM

Very beautiful kris Rasjid, congratulations! The pendok is fantastic especially. The JD hilt and sheath are definitely from Cirebon as said by Detlef, the blade also IMO but I am not sure and will listen to the opinions from more qualified members. :)
Regards

David 17th May 2013 06:41 PM

As Jean comment, love the whole package, but that pendok is really nice! :)

rasjid 18th May 2013 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you David and Jean for your kind words.

Attached additional picture for the gonjo-sirah cicak/cecak
Thanks

Marcokeris 18th May 2013 03:53 PM

I agree with Jean : beautiful pendok :) ...and keris

Sajen 19th May 2013 10:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasjid
The blade attached and would like to see yours as well for discussion and may be from forum members as well.

Hi Rasjid,

here some pictures from the blade, nothing spectacular, a simple tilam upih blade.

Best regards,

Detlef

Jean 19th May 2013 04:29 PM

The 2 blades show some similarities (shape), the one from Sajen is not a standard Tilam Upih dapur, see the remnants of greneng on the wadidang. What are the sizes of these blades?
Regards

Sajen 19th May 2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean
The 2 blades show some similarities (shape), the one from Sajen is not a standard Tilam Upih dapur, see the remnants of greneng on the wadidang. What are the sizes of these blades?
Regards

You are correct Jean, my blade is 34,5 cm long without pesi.

Regards,

Detlef

rasjid 19th May 2013 05:16 PM

Hi Detlef,

Thanks for the update.
Yes I can see the similarities. I have another blade with exactly the same gonjo as well.

Rasjid