Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Keris Luk 7 Riau Restoration (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15408)

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 05:56 AM

Keris Luk 7 Riau Restoration

1 Attachment(s)
I had the good fortune of acquiring this from a fellow forumite some months ago.

Upon inspection it has an interesting composite hulu jawa demam of really old kemuning, somewhat upright, with a buah pinang from dark coloured buffalo horn.

It was then entrusted to a craftsman from Terengganu who selected a piece of kemuning with flashing grains and some sena wood for the batang. I asked him to attempt a broad, Bugis style sarung, maybe not quite sarung penghulu but close enough.

I was fortunate enough to find a smallish pendokok to fit the hulu. In doing so, I noted that the size of the puting is somewhat larger than the diameter of regular Peninsula/Pattani blades.

Am quite happy with the completed work and really enjoyed the whole project.

Alam Shah 15th April 2012 10:34 AM

Let us enjoy your completed restoration works as well. Pictures please. :)
Its a long time since we last met or chatted.

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:14 PM

More Images

1 Attachment(s)
Pak Alam,

There was a glitch in loading the pictures earlier, hopefully luck is on my side this time.

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:25 PM

Closer look

1 Attachment(s)
Buah pinang

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:27 PM

Keris views

1 Attachment(s)
Restored

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:28 PM

Keris views

1 Attachment(s)
Closer view of the whole keris

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:31 PM

Keris views

1 Attachment(s)
Sampir

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:32 PM

Keris views

1 Attachment(s)
Keris and blade

Sajen 15th April 2012 04:46 PM

Congratulations, nicely done! Maybe think about to clean the blade a little bit more, I still see some corrosion.

Regards,

Detlef

Raja Muda 15th April 2012 04:50 PM

Cleaning

Thanks Detlef,

Will get round to the cleaning this one, though I must confess I've also neglected some others in the keris cupboard that's due for some cleaning :o

Sajen 15th April 2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raja Muda
Thanks Detlef,

Will get round to the cleaning this one, though I must confess I've also neglected some others in the keris cupboard that's due for some cleaning :o

This problem I know! :D

Alam Shah 15th April 2012 05:00 PM

Thanks for showing. Personally, I feel that the sheath vs the hilt and hilt ring is not proportionate. As for the blade, it would be better to adopt a more 'peninsular malay' look, rather then the 'steely look' at present.. but then again, it's a matter of personal preference. Congrats.. :)