Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   European Armoury (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Michael's collection (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21959)

Spiridonov 1st October 2016 08:15 PM

Michael's collection

Does anyone know what happened with Michael's collection after his death?

fernando 2nd October 2016 01:41 PM

All his property was left in a will to a friend of his youth.

rickystl 2nd October 2016 04:26 PM

I can only hope that his collection can somehow, some way, stay together and re-appear some day.

Spiridonov 3rd October 2016 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernando
All his property was left in a will to a friend of his youth.

I hope that this friend will registered on the vikingsword someday

Andi 3rd October 2016 11:00 AM

That are good news Fernando because I thought I found some of Michels legacy on the last autctions of Hermann-Historica. But this might be things that Michel released to them for auction.

fernando 3rd October 2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiridonov
I hope that this friend will registered on the vikingsword someday

It will never be the same :shrug: .

-

fernando 3rd October 2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi
That are good news Fernando because I thought I found some of Michels legacy on the last autctions of Hermann-Historica. But this might be things that Michel released to them for auction.

Possible.

Jim McDougall 3rd October 2016 04:05 PM

In my last conversations with Michael in the months before we lost him, as some of you might recall, he was facing some serious circumstances legally with state authorities. His financial situation was quite threatened due to his terrible health issues, and seizure of his collection holdings were looming.

I think there may have been a number of items selected to be released for sale in order to protect the rest of his remarkably important core of arms which represented his lifelong work. I do believe he sought to secure safety for those holdings. I am relieved to hear that they have apparently found safety from being dispersed widely as together they represent the life's work of one of the most profound scholars on medieval and renaissance firearms and ordnance. We were most fortunate to have had him here, where he remains a legacy in our pages.

Ibrahiim al Balooshi 3rd October 2016 04:53 PM

He was indeed a phenomenal person and quite brilliant in everything in these pages he touched. I do hope Forum finds a place for his memories and that something like a roll of honour position can be placed with references to him and his magnificent threads... We should remember him thus.

Ibrahiim al Balooshi